Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a video instead?

They were moving too fast in the woods for Annie's camera to take anything but a blur - I figured you'd settle for the video

And two pictures... one of Molly hanging in her favorite spot - right between me and Jeff, and one of Sandy sitting like the king of the backseat

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Molly is adorable Kristen! So glad she fits in well with your family! Nice pics and video! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
MOlly looks so sweet.......how's it going with her now that she's been there a whole week? and Sandy still having fun too?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
those photos are so cute!!!

I am so impressed w/how the dogs behave off leash. I am too chicken to try it...plus the park we go hiking in has other hikers and Dex would love to give them all kisses (whether they want it or not).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lmtoth2 said:
those photos are so cute!!!

I am so impressed w/how the dogs behave off leash. I am too chicken to try it...plus the park we go hiking in has other hikers and Dex would love to give them all kisses (whether they want it or not).
At the beginning and end of each hike we make the dogs heel - they aren't allowed to get more than a nose in front of us, and every once in a while we'll yell out their names and "HEEL" and they come running back into line - we treat trained them for this. We don't give nearly as many cookies now but they all still come running! Molly has fallen right into routine with the rest of them - its great fun :) If you trust Dex & Kirby's recall, I'd say go for it - just be armed with treats and try it first on a day you don't think many will be hiking :)

Actually, I have a picture of the heel... This one shows Molly being a bit stubborn - We are using simple non-technical hand signals to get through to her, as she seems to respond better to them than voice commands. You can see Jeff had her attention and she stopped to get back into line.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kristin that is soooo good getting them all to heel like that! how long did it take to teach all 3 to do that?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not long actually - Just lots and lots of repetition. We walk one of 3 conservation lands daily, so we've had plenty of chances to practice.

And to think - Jeff, Annie & I make quite the scene with those 4 dogs... imagine with 6 or more!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
debbildog said:
Not long actually - Just lots and lots of repetition. We walk one of 3 conservation lands daily, so we've had plenty of chances to practice.

And to think - Jeff, Annie & I make quite the scene with those 4 dogs... imagine with 6 or more!
so Kristin when you planning your 3rd doodle? :wink:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know I'm not hiding the fact I want a third doodle! I am so in love with these creatures... as I'm sure you understand!

Now my problem is that I know and love too many breeders and I have to pick just one to get a puppy from... guess coat color will be the deciding factor!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts