Labradoodle Forums banner

You know you have a Doodle when... (Everyone add on!!!)

7K views 83 replies 29 participants last post by  Sammy-Doo's Fam 
#1 ·
This is something I've done with many people and on a few message boards.
Basically, you start a list about something and everyone adds on to it.

You know you have a doodle when...

1. You log onto this site every day without fail.
2. You have more pictures of snow/mud/water happy dogs than anything else...
3. You know what a "Doodle 500" is!
4. You joke around that your dog has trained you...
5. The "head tilt" cracks you up every time! :lol:

So everyone add their funny/serious ideas. Anything at all! And if you don't want to number them it's okay I just did that to start us all out.

#2 ·
that was a really good list. I would add one:

6. You give more hugs and kisses to your dog then you your DH

(that is all Cacao wants. She wants to get into my lap and for me to hug and kiss and rub her belly and her ears)

#11 ·
14) You spend more for special grain free food for your doodle than you do for food for yourself.

15) You ask to work at home because your doodle is sick (or had surgery).

16) You don't even cook for your husband, but make special treats for your doodles.

#13 ·
Sam starts sleeping on his blanket by the floor and then ends up on my sisters bed. She wakes up all grumpy because he take all the room and she can't stretch her legs out! :D

#14 ·

you have an Overflowing laundry basket in the living room full of stuffed toys

the couch is off limits to humans, as it is covered with Annabelle's blankie and pillows

you have more pictures on your harddrive of your Dood than your family

your Doodle has matching collars and leashes per season, you're lucky to have a matching outfit in your closet

#15 ·
1. Squeaky toys get their own line in the budget, right between the phone bill and groceries

2. You are walking your dog down a busy street, and simultaneously, you and someone across the street with a mass of curls on a leash, both point and say "is that a doodle?"

3. You have a least 3 songs in your repertoire that rhyme with doodly doo :shock: :lol:

#17 ·
:lol: Ha ha ha!! Hysterical postings, everyone! And so true!

Okay, here's a few more:

You're known as the "weird dog lady" at the deli. ("Do you have any giant marrow bones?" "Can I get 3 pounds of fresh chicken livers?")

People tell you that your dog looks like: a lamb, a yeti, a giant cottonball, a sheepdog, a big ball of fur....

You know what colors your dog looks best in. (And you only buy blankets, bandanas, etc, that come in that color.)

You've caught yourself saying "I'm going to go potty" instead of "I'm going to the restroom".

You have a bumper sticker on your car that says "My labradoodle is cuter than your honor student."

Your sock drawer keeps getting emptier and emptier...

All of your kids' stuffed animals don't have eyes, noses or ears anymore.

Its 2am and your standing in your yard (in your bathrobe) yelling "I know you need to potty!"

Your neighbors know you as the weird lady who stands in her yard at 2am (in her bathrobe) yelling "I know you need to potty!" :p

#19 ·
I actually DO have the bumper sticker that says "My labradoodle is smarter than your honor student!"

But - to add to the list " You plan family vacations around things your Doodle would enjoy doing!"

#21 ·
You guys have come up with some really great ones. I never realized how we plan our lives around Tanner.

I guess the only one I can add is .......when you plan where you will live after you retire based on where your doodle will be the most welcome and have the most fun :lol :lol: and you also start 2 years ahead making sure he has other doodles near him to play with :lol: :lol:

#22 ·
my Boo said:
:lol: Ha ha ha!! Hysterical postings, everyone! And so true!

Okay, here's a few more:

You're known as the "weird dog lady" at the deli. ("Do you have any giant marrow bones?" "Can I get 3 pounds of fresh chicken livers?")

People tell you that your dog looks like: a lamb, a yeti, a giant cottonball, a sheepdog, a big ball of fur....

You know what colors your dog looks best in. (And you only buy blankets, bandanas, etc, that come in that color.)

You've caught yourself saying "I'm going to go potty" instead of "I'm going to the restroom".

You have a bumper sticker on your car that says "My labradoodle is cuter than your honor student."

Your sock drawer keeps getting emptier and emptier...

All of your kids' stuffed animals don't have eyes, noses or ears anymore.

Its 2am and your standing in your yard (in your bathrobe) yelling "I know you need to potty!"

Your neighbors know you as the weird lady who stands in her yard at 2am (in her bathrobe) yelling "I know you need to potty!" :p
This is so me. I am so sure that my neighbors think I am the weird lady with that little fur ball...lol

But I want a bumper sticker. I wish I could fine one.

and I so have a item in my budget as other dog stuff. (other then dog food and treats.)lol
Love this topic.

:D :D :D

#24 ·
How about this one: You know you have a doodle when your boyfriend's unattached pals want to borrow your dog because she is a "BABE MAGNET???" :roll:
(Yes this has actually happened - I have had several of Jim's buddies offer to walk Tyke just to try and pick up girls - can you believe it???)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.