Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've expounded on Ebbe's hatred of the bath ... tub, shower, hose ... all three she loathes.

Well today she had to have one. After two weeks of wickedly weird wet weather, we had a gorgeous day. And come heck or high water (literally) we went to the dog park, which is in a flood plain and has been under about ten feet of water lately!

Yes it was muddy and there is one small corner that is constantly under water --anywhere from 3 inches to a foot-- and yes, my water hating dog fell to peer pressure and actually GOT IN THAT MUDDY WATER :shock: !

So she definitely needed a bath ... luckily not to far from home is a ..... wait for it ....
"Laundromutt" !!! :lol: :lol:

A small grooming operation where for $14.00 you can give your dog a bath in a raised tub! All the essentials are provided (including a gentle, no detergent shampoo) a variety of combs, long hose for drying, towels, even a plastic apron for the bather!

And the best part ... no BENDING! I don't care how wet, or soapy, or even muddy I get if I don't have to bend over and ache to bath her. Also ... you don't have to clean up! Well worth the price of admission. They do grooming and will bathe your dog should that be your desire, but Ebbe (though scared) was pretty good. I just kept singing her "song" to her. And she is now clean, and fresh and barking at something in the dark :roll:

So see if there is one in your vicinity ... Your back will be grateful ... if not your doodle!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
There are a few of those in Charleston, which is about 45 mins from where I live - they DO sound like a wonderful idea - I wish we had one closer to us! I'm lucky that Tyke loves water like she does, and I don't really have to fight her while I'm bathing her, but it would be nice not to have to bend down so while she is in the bathtub! She usually goes to the groomer's every month - six weeks, but I know that this summer she will probably need bathing at least once between visits - it might be worth the ride to Charleston sometime!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
we have heard people around here mention them too. I think it sounds like a great idea...our only tub is on our top floor (of a split level house) and when they're really dirty my husband has to carry them upstairs.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i'm lucky in that i had hand held shower sprays and can bathe 2 at a time with no problems. Peanut when she was younger would lie down and float while i washed her, was so neat.
and max once as small puppy went to sleep on his side while i was lathering him up hahhaaaaaaaaa
talk about relaxed

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Unfortunately, we don't have anything like that here. Pet Food Express stores in the SF Bay Area has self-service dog washing area. Of course, we didn't have a dog when we lived there! I'm with you Mary, I put off bathing Cali because of the resulting back ache.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We live in the Bay Area and have an Pet Food Express in our city. We haven't tried yet because we've only had Rosie for almost a month. The first night we brought her home we gave her a bath in the bathtub. She had gotten carsick on the way hom so she really needed it. She went to the groomers on Friday so we won't get to try the bath thing for a couple more weeks, unless she gets really dirty at the dog park. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bathing

We have a great place nearby called Shampoodle - no bending, all the supplies included, nice walk in tubs...all for $12 if you bring your own towels. They will do nails and grooming if you want or they will just wash your dog for you. Great idea. I take Bocker there after a big day at the muddy paw park or in between professional grooming for his "paying jobs".

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhh Mary I love your story
and I can hear you singing her song while you bath her
What a great Mommy.............

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seazr said:
Hey Mary!! Whai is 'Ebbe's Song'??[/i]
In my very first post to this forum I wrote of Ebbe's Song ... an old song my late Dad used to sing ... I've been singing it to her since she was a teeny puppy.

When I go downstairs to do laundry and she's all upset barking away I sing it (loudly) so that she knows I'm not far away and will join her soon.

In fact my sign off quote is from the song ...

Please play for me that sweet melody called "Doodly Doo, Doodly Doo"
I know the rest but what I love best goes "Doodly Doo, Doodly Doo."
Simplest thing, there's nothing much to it.
You don't have to sing, just "Doodly Doo" it.
I love her so ... wherever I go ... My Doodly Doodly Doo!

Gene had heard it before ... and maybe someday I'll sing and post it!
But it does calm her down and she knows her Foodlady loves her and that she's a good girl!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts