Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was stressing major league big time today.
About a ton of things...

1. Work... Haven't been paid since March & was put on a 15 hour shift from 7:30 am to 10 pm yesterday. Missed all of Mother's day and a family outing to a concert. Wasn't told my shift was that long until I got there. :(

2. Family is in huge fight... about Mother's Day & me working. Dad slept on the couch last night. Bigger fight than usual. And I'm getting all the blame. My 13 year old sister was asking about divorces... It's not that bad though, she just overreacted.

3. Finals start this week and I have a ridiculous amount of schoolwork... A portfolio, paper, and speech next week for Photo II. A 4 instrument composition for Music Theory class... Finals... Scolarship apps...

4. Prom is Saturday. Dress is still at the tailors, no idea how we're getting there, left out of the limo group of friends, date might not have paid dues yet, tux doesnt match dress...

5. Slideshow of China photos for School Committee Meeting for Wednesday night.

The last of the list I was doing after school and Sammy-Doodle came over trying to climb on my lap. I said "Not now Sam". He left for a while. Well a few minutes later, the chair rolls under me and I get a poke in the face by a paw. Not a hard one, a gentle get-your-attention one...

So I turn around to see a happy Doodle dash to the couch and lie down looking at me like this:

By aliciarose, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT at 2008-05-12

I just had to take a break!
He's my little sunshine making me happy when skies are gray.
He knew I needed to step back and laugh for a minute.
What would I do without my precious Sammy-Doodle???

PS: Sorry for the long explaination as to my freaking out... I needed to vent somehwere. :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
this is the place to vent and always seem our DOODLES can lose us in the look of their eyes :D

isn't it great when a Doodle makes you stop and think to slow down long enough to see the love they offer

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Sorry for your stressful times. I remember the end of high school and there was so much going on and so many emotions about moving on to the next phase of your life. Glad Sammy makes you feel better.

P.S. Make your work pay you - that's just wrong!

G

·
awwww sweetie, hang in there, it WILL get better!
The whole limo ride thing is waaaaaaaay overrated. It's over before you blink!
Check on the dues thing so you're not stressing about it, don't worry that the tux won't match, it will look good and YOU are the one that everyone will be looking at! :lol: Mom and Dad will make sure you get your dress from the tailor or maybe a friend can take you.
Make work pay you!!! Show up for your shift, demand payment and threaten not to work until they pay. Then LEAVE if they don't! That is so unfair and they are taking advantage of you because you are young.
Mom and Dad will be fine (and if they aren't it is not YOUR fault). This is a stressful time for everyone. Get thru it, try to relax and enjoy some of it!
Sammy-Doo is a sweetie!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the encouragement guys!
Dogs are just so in tune with human feelings and needs... I love it.

I finished the China Slideshow!!!
So I'm gonna take breather and design my photo portfolio while I watch House MD...

Anyone know a really interesting photographer I can make a picture in the style of, write a report, and make a speech on?

G

·
Glad sammy is there to cheer you up!!! Maya always cheers me up when I am sad.

Make work pay. Don't worry about the rest (I know easier said than done). It will all work itself out. Remember it's your senior year so don't forget to have some fun too!!

G

·
Sammy-Doo's Fam said:
Anyone know a really interesting photographer I can make a picture in the style of, write a report, and make a speech on?
William Wegman (You could dress up and pose Sammy :lol: )

or Annie Leibovitz (you could dress up your sister and pose her like Miley..NOT!!!!! :lol: )

Good idea to take a break, watch House and you'll come back refreshed!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Awww, hang in there, you poor thing!! IT WILL GET BETTER!! And yes, our Doodles are such cheerleaders and wonderful moral boosters. I'm feeling sorry for myself with my cast and wheelchair and Dakota knows it's his job to cheer me up! He won't leave my side and when I get really gloomy, I look over and he's silent-barking me with that wonderful doodle smile.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sammy-Doo's Fam said:
Off the top of my head...Diane Arbus, Richard Avedon, Margaret Bourke-White, Cindy Sherman, Dorthea Lange, and Andy Goldsworthy. (I majored in Art in college.) Goldsworthy has a beautiful movie called Rivers and Tides that'll inspire the creative pants off ya!

I wrote a report on Margaret Bourke-White in college, I might still have it somewhere around here... I'll let ya know if I think of any more. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Doodle love

Just look into those eyes and nothing else has to be said. You know they love you no matter what.

You will make it through this stressful time and get a chance to look back at it someday...
Lots of healing licks..

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Oh how sweet!!!! Doodles are the best therapy!!!! You'll get through all of this! Just remember to take a breather and get lots of hugs and kisses from Sammy!! :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Oh that FACE!!!

Take a deep breath and a moment... come and vent here anytime you need... you will get through this... all of it!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I vote for Margaret Bourke-White as well! Thank you My Boo for posting it I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. I love her photographs.

Good luck with your project and have fun at the prom!

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is also Ansel Adams, who took gorgeous B&W nature photos, and Anne Geddes, who takes amazing pictures of babies.

Also--if you are working for a for-profit business (as opposed to a non-profit), it is a violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, a federal law, to not pay employees. Sorry about the family arguments, but maybe your parents are having a hard time as you transition into adulthood. As a mom whose daughter is now grown, I must admit that it was hard to let go as she started to go out on her own.

I hope you have fun at your prom. My son had his last weekend--he said there were a few limos, but most people came in their own cars.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the encouragement guys!

Here's a quick update:

Lost a contact... Uh oh, glasses for Prom on Saturday?
Got new ones being shipped... Whew!

Prom date paid dues... Yay!
Dress alterations are good so far... Better be finished soon!
Got invited to ride in a coach bus to prom... Yay!
Slideshow done and Musci Theory Composition almost finished... Yay!

Still not paid... Ick!
Got a 89.75 average in English, need a 90 to be exempt from my final and they don't round... Ick!

Family still kind of cross and fighting more than usual but getting slightly better... Meh...

By aliciarose, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT at 2008-05-13

Sammy-Doodle has unlimited love to give can't wait to see me and play everyday after school... Hip hip hooray!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Looks like things are going better than the other day :D
and SAMMY is beautiful, give him a big hug
and Have a blast at your prom!!! :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
sorry you are having such a tough time - being a teen can be hell at times, but it will get better

Relax, have fun at your prom and good luck on your finals and your photography project !

I love Ansel Adams work :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts