Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reba had her puppies yesterday, 10 in all 5 boys and 5 girls all healthy :D Here is the beginning of my picture posting.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
AAWWWHHH!! They're so cute! I cracked up at the little one towards the right who is facing the wrong way to eat :wink:

G

·
Annie,
They are beautiful! Do you have your eye on one yet? Whos is the breeder? Are they a good mix of boys and girls? I remember one of the breeders (Jac maybe) posting about the ridgeline on the neck and down the back and how it bodes very well for a fleece coat. I can see the ridgeline so prominently on some of the pups, would love to watch and see if that's true here.
Congratulations, looks like you have a great selection!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Linda, the breeder is Dixie's Doodles. There are 5 boys and 5 girls.

I think that I am 4th on the list for "picks". I really do not have a gender preference. My biggest preference is for a pup that has the best temperment for our family. I would also really love to have this dog become a therapy dog and am committed to complete all the training necessary so I will let Dixie choose for me. Although if all dogs were equally suited I think I would prefer a fleece coated red/apricot boy!

We are now playing the naming game at home. One of my favorites is Matey, which also happens to be my DH's least favorite. My son also likes the name, but we still have 8 weeks to decide on a boy & girl name. Anyone have any names to suggest?

I would also be interested in knowing how they predict the type of coat.

G

·
Give us your list of names and we'll give our opinions! :lol:
I do know that a very good suggestion I read said: choose a name that ends in a vowel ....I forget the reasoning though...maybe they can hear it better?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh Annie
This is so exciting, the puppies are just gorgeous.
Mom is too of course. I remember the feelings of waiting till
your pup comes home.
Congrats and keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG i am in puppy fix heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yes!!! o h boy!!!

now which one you leaning towards at the moment? boy or girl? wavy or curly? light or darker?

I like Matey...but ok you like MERLIN ?
when i think of Matey i also think of Aussie

when we know which one you are getting believe me we have a blast helping out with names!!

CONGRATS and what beautiful pups!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What a gorgeous litter and Dixie is a wonderful person and great to work with. She has beautiful puppies :) You can't go wrong with one of Reba's puppies, just look at them, AWWWWWWWWW :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with countdowns :D :D :D just having gone through one myself!!!

We'll be here to keep vigil with you....it's like a game of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" for me; every day we'll just take a bottle down and pass it around!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hhahahha ok on the count of 3

99 doodles on the wall...99 doodlessssss
take one down pass him or her around hahhahhaaa
98 doodles on the wall

ohhhhhhh thanks for a cute sunday morning laugh!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are the latest pics of the puppies starting with the 5 girls...

And now for the 5 boys...

I could not resist posting this cute little face!!!

I put in an order at petedge.com for an assortment of toys, crate beds and other goodies. I wish I could remember who to thank for the petedge website tip, they are a LOT less than Petco or Petsmart. Linda, I did order the trio of grooming shampoo, conditioner and dematter that you suggested also. I thought that it might be a good thing to have on hand in case the puppy needs a little cleaning up after the plane ride home.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ok... I want to be the first to say.....

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

What a great range of colors!! When does the breeder allow you to make your choice?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe it is at 6 weeks. The people on the list will be able to select in order. I think that I am 4th on the list which gives me many to choose from. However because I will not see them in person I am going to let the breeder choose the best puppy fit for our family. Perhaps if a few are right for us we will then make the final choice. I can't wait!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
WOW, what great pictures. This will be such an exciting time for you, thanks for sharing it with us :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ummmm - how many bottles of beer on the wall are we at now??? :p :p :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, thanks for asking! The count down is now at

or 54 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made quite a big purchase at Petedge and have different sizes and types of Kongs along with some Kong balls, 2 crate beds etc. I have a coupon for the crate at Petsmart so I think I will do a little Mother's Day shopping (cuz I am a soon to be Doodle Mom)! I will post new pictures of the puppies tomorrow, I think Monday is when we receive the puppy update from the breeder. We have a name if it is a boy - Matey. My DS told my DH that he realllly liked the name, and of course my husband folded and said yeah that is a good name!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are the latest photos of the pups at 10 days old!
Girls first...

girls10days.jpg[/IMG]
Now for the boys...

I thought that these photos were especially cute too!
Yellow girl

Yellow boy

Orange girl

Green boy

Black boy

53 More Days!!! :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Oh, dear......a pile o' puppies.....

I'm right with Vanessa - I'm in love with little Green Boy and his little round wavy head......I'm pure mush; they're all beautiful and precious; any one of them would be a love.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts