Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of these Merrick bones this afternoon and Cali has already splintered a chunk off and ate it before I could get it from her. It wasn't as big as the piece that is missing in the picture (I was able to pull more off), but I'm sure it had a sharp edge. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
333 Posts
My dogs eat these all the time and I haven't really noticed any problems. Chase literally eats them and Chloe just chews on hers.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called the vet for peace of mind and he said it shouldn't be a problem for the size piece she swallowed but to keep an eye on her for vomiting. :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Meg glad you called the vet and that is why i only use THE TANK bones made by merrick...they're knuckle joints

the one you have in the picture Max can split in 30min

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Hey Meg,

Is that bone called the Panthon? I was thinking of ordering the natural one for Dex/Kirby, but maybe I should rethink that...

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Meg glad you called the vet and that is why i only use THE TANK bones made by merrick...they're knuckle joints

the one you have in the picture Max can split in 30min
Tank bones don't splinter ?, I'm sure Ananbelle would like a bone, I'm just so afraid of splintering :cry:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Nope, they are the only ONES that max doesn't chip or split! these are safe. when you 1st open them though, i rub them a bit for loose stuff to fall off.

OH the 1st half hour a few tiny pieces come off after that all they're doing is grinding them down.
Ask Annieg........she has them too. :D
they cost $3.99 and you can also get them online
merrick "the tank' knuckle joint bones

Max is a power chewer ther's not much he doesn't chew, shred, break etc hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
they smell for about 1 day...after that the next couple of days your doodle with have what i call " hickory" breath.
they haven't stained anything here and annieg said the same thing

BUT they love them, i can get some work done, and PEANUT NO LONGER chews anything but her bone and toys now :D :D :D
oh at night we can watch a movie now hahahahaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leslie, the bone I got is called the G.I. jerky bone by Merrick. According to online listing of stores that carried the tank, this store was supposed to have them, but it didn't so I settled for this since it looked like the ones Gene gave Miko and Jonah. And, I paid $5 for it, which is expensive compared to what you quoted Annmarie. I guess I'll order the tank online.

Cali has been fine today, with no signs of any digestive problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts