Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, Another question on grooming while every one seems to be at it!!

we are heading into my first summer with molly, and my question is do i need to get her hair cut???

I live in england so its unlikley to get too hot :lol:

thanks!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Her coat appears to be about the length and texture of my Ozzie's. We live in a dry desert area at high elevation and I have no intention of clipping Ozzie's coat. Our summer temperatures are on average in the mid 90s F, falling to 50-60s F at night.

I don't have first hand knowledge of U.K. summer weather so you'll have be the judge as to whether Molly's uncomfortable.

BTW, she's beautiful!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
what an adorable doodle. Her coat doesn't look that "heavy" to me so unless she is panting like nuts I would hold off.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I'm with the others here........i wouldn't clip/trim her unless necessary.
She's gorgeous and Max has a similar coat. he does fine in the summer,
if it's extra hot we just hose him down as he dries quickly yet keeps him cool :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Molly is gorgeous. If she isnt hot and she's not matting, I'd prob leave her coat as is. The only reason I trim AB is she does appear to pant a lot less in the summer if she is shorter, if it weren't for that I"d keep her longer

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
What a beautiful girl!
No, you do not need to clip her coat. In fact, she appears to be an F1 and, in my opinion, F1 coats are the BEST!
I think that Molly's coat needs light brushing and that is all.
Also, if you do cut her coat, remember that dogs can get sunburned! Ouch!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
What a sweet chocolate doodle. I would say wait. But Cacao had thick hair and I had to get her trimmed. But maybe just a trim around her mouth and feet. But if she is ok I wouldn't trim her. We had some 78 degree days and Cacao was so hot. I knew she needed a hair cut for the summer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hair "do's"

I wouldn't cut it unless she's unconfortable.
Kirby has a "hair" appointment on May 8th. I'm trying to decide how to get it cut. It is VERY humid here in eastern NC and he pants so much already - but I LOVE his shaggy curls!
Here's a picture of him playing outside today. Any ideas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, even though we are heading into summer, all we are getting is rain (suprise suprise)

Ill go for the leave the hair unless she is showing signs of distress.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts