Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are thinking about a pup from Renee at Yesteryear Acres in Ohio. I am having a difficult time finding people with experience with her either good or bad. Hopefully someon here has some information to share!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I'm sorry I can't say one way or the other but I can give you some tips:

Ask how long they've been breeding (Very Important)
Do they Health Test their Adults (hips, eyes etc)
Do they give a Health Guarantee in writing most give at least 2 years
Will they allow visit some will some won't ask why if they don't some are afraid of Parvo with good reason
Do they have both parents on site
What are the temperaments like of the parents
How old are the parents
Do they have any papers on the parents if a Poodle and a Lab
Ask about their vaccination schedule and deworming
Do they Vet check the puppies usually we do this around 5 or 6 weeks
Do they microchip the puppies

Then I would just aks as many questions that you can think of if they get angry with questions then stay away that is a red flag to me.

I'm sure others will come up with some more that I've missed here so take your time do your homework so you will be happy with the puppy you get, Most important is that you get a healthy puppy and that the breeder will be there for support if you have any questions or concerns. I hope this helps and good luck and keep us posted don't get in a hurry. :D

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey Teddy, I post on a forum that is just for breeders and I know Renee posts there as well.... it's a straight-up "place" so I would guess she's a legit, reputable breeder but there's another place that might help you if you posted: www.thedoodlezoo.com cuz it's loaded with doodle-loving owners and breeders and if someone's got her puppy or had interaction they might be there. You could check the box to let someone email you...it will put your name in a link they can click on, and give you privacy in what is shared.

hope that helps! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are the happy owners of a six month old goldendoodle from yesteryear. Not only were they incredibly helpful in deciding if this breed was truly for us, but they had us involved at every phase. We were kept informed during the process, were able to see pictures, and have any and all questions answered. I am in NY and they met me at the airport with pup. Now, months later, we still hear from them, wanting to know how the pup is doing, how the family is doing, things that are important. They are not a mill and do care deeply about their dogs and pups. My cousins are breeders of doodles out west and they heard of yesteryear and told us of their wonderful reputation. We LOVE our doodle and would not hesitate to get another one and I would get it from the folks at yesteryear acres. Our goldendoodle was the first our trainer/groomer met. Now he has a wider experience with them and informed us that he would not hesitate to recc'd them to families as the temprament appears to be even with high intelligence and a love for people. Go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.