Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thank you Maddie, Lani and Toby! Very cute pics...you just can't find a better representation of partriotism...

And...thank you to all of the service men and women and to their families...your sacrifices are appreciated, very much.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Oh my gosh, I love these patriotic Doodle pictures!
Maddie's Mom, I love the flag as a backdrop.

Sorry I missed this post on July 4, but I think that I should start "dressing up" our Doodles next year...one of our mom-dogs really is named
Yankee Dandy Doodle. But this has been my favorite way to list or show our puppies, for a while now, especially the EBONY ones:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Darling dogs!! Each and every one!! (I happen to be very partial to Jorja's coloring...she is stunning!)

Maureen...what cuties! Lil Bit looks just like my pups! And the "rare ebony" coloring is very beautiful! :wink:

Okay...I am going to try to download a picture...it won't be patriotic, but this is just to see if it works...cross your fingers!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
It worked!!! But how do you make it smaller??? Oh, and by the way...he really doesn't have a brown nose...they just play in the dirt and mud! :lol:

Okay, here's another one! (Sorry, I've created a monster!)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey Jac, did you use photobucket? there's an EDIT option where you can reduce the size of your pictures. I just "stole" those pictures from our website, where I already had them sized at 640 x 480, (or something like that) but I have used the photobucket editing too.

maybe we could say your/our puppies have an "excavation nose" :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks Maureen! I will find the resizer...

hahahaha...excavation nose! I like that!

Yes, the second one is the pup I want to keep...but I need to find a guardian home...and I am still not sure if it is wise to keep a black puppy for stud...although, as you can see, he is truning silver.

He is a really great dog...so smart, cute, great coat! And I love his boxy Lab-look.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes, they do, Lisa. Jorja is just a smaller version. She weighs around 23 lbs. now. I have to call to get her spade soon and hate to do it. I'll be without my baby for too long. Have you gotten Lani spade yet? Toby and Lani look like they are having so much fun together. Jorja would love a play buddy. For now, I'm it. You should see my bruises!! :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Probably drop her off in the morning and pick her up the next morning but that will be hard. The last time I left my, Sadie, at that vet she didn't come home. She died during surgery. So I'm a tad nervous but know all will be well. :roll:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We can't have Lani spayed until after her first heat, she has puppy vaginitis. In order to get rid of it she must go through her first heat so Toby will be fixed first (next month). I'm not looking forward to either one, I don't know how we will keep them calm!!??? Let us know when Jorga's appointment is and we will keep all of you in our prayers.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, I am sorry about your Sadie...I know how that feels, we recently lost a puppy that way...but, of course you know, this is not common...usually the dogs get through the surgery very well...and I am sure that Jorja will too...still, you and she will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Puppy vaginitis is something I had never heard before. Poor girl. I've never had a dog go into heat so I'd like to avoid that.

I just wanted to clarify that Sadie didn't die while being spade. She died when she was 10. She had been sick and the vet decided to see if there was a blockage in her stomach so she did surgery on her. Sadie was too weak to make it through. Leaving her there and not bringing her home alive from that office bothers me a little to leave another dog there. It wasn't the vet's fault but more the place. I know, a little paranoid.

Thank you ladies for thinking about me and your prayers. :)

Sorry for getting so off topic.

Marty

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Marty I wanted ot avoid it also since we are not breeding her, but you the old saying about the best laid plans... Toby will definately be going next month, the vet is comfortable with neutering at 4 months. My biggest fear is Lani going into heat while we are in vacation at the end of the month! :shock: Can anyone tell me if Toby is too young to cause problems? he is 14 weeks. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts