Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're watching Peanut here as earlier today while i was working i heard one of my doodles crying softly while they were running around playing.

anyway, they all appeared fine. later on Peanut started limping, i checked her paw for splinters--none, nails are fine, no swelling, pads are fine,
when i ran my hands up and down her leg and applied pressure
Peanut didn't pull back or whimper. hmmmmmmmmmm

she rests and then seems fine running then goes back to limping
I am watching her for a day or two as i know in past with other dogs we've had and our friend's
for fractures , torn ligaments etc the vet has you rest your dog and minimize activity

which is exactly what peanut is doing.
and also she ate tonight with me hand feeding her....dave even snuck in some steak, she's our little princess

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
you know...Dexter will occasionally limp especially after hard play. It's possible she twisted something wrestling w/one of her brothers. If she's still limping tomorrow just try to keep her quiet for a bit. We went through this with Dexter's toe and after about 5 days of leash rest, it had healed.

Hope she is better soon :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
You should try Arnica Montana. It helps with pain, swelling and bruising and it doesn't harm their liver. You could also try Traumeel which contains Arnica.

I took Manchie to the vet today about his limping. The vet thinks it's OCD which is a developmental bone disorder that should go away by the time he is 2 years old. She wanted to prescribe pain meds but I want to try Arnica since he doesn't seem to be in much pain. I also have to let him leash walk only for 10 days! :shock: poor doodle! :(

Don't know if this will help you at all but I hope Peanut is feeling better soon!

:)
Sarah

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Peanut seems to be doing quite better today and i am still observing her.

this morning Peanut's full of energy, gobbled her food down, and playing like a wild indian with Max and Beau and so far isn't liimping but i'll also see how the day goes. I am NOT letting her run outback to be on the safe side.
So i'm limiting her activity level, she's eating up the extra attention/love hahahaa
thanks for your help and concern....hopefully she twisted her leg? as i cannot find any swelling nor does she whimper when i check out her leg down to her paw.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Just saw this post....

How is Peanut now?

Coco has twisted something before....hind leg and I think they can get a sore muscle occasionally, too. Hope she is a lot better now.

Coco and Abby send hugs!
8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peanut is doing GREAT...no more limping and she really did rest alot for 1.5days :D
and ate up the extra love and attention too hahhaaaaaaaaa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts