Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Cody normally is penned in the kitchen on days DH & I work (I work M-F, DH works every 3 days - firefighter/paramedic). Its worked well for months. Lately Cody has taken to counter surfing while we're gone - even if I think I've gotten everything that he could possibly reach out of the way. So after being spoiled by DH being home for 10 days straight, we went back to 'normal' and I came home to another mess that I didn't expect. Since I'm always on clean up duty I was a little miffed. So I told DH that we needed to budget doggie daycare. Well, after baulking that it wasn't in the budget, he found the monies. He even allowed Cody to start today (I was expecting January with the new budget).
Now I have a wiped out dog! He's been napping on and off since we brought him home. Managed to make it to dinner, but that was it. LOL I sort miss him being more active, but OTOH .... :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Marley is very similar. We take him to day care 2 days (Tues. and Thurs.) a week. Upon returning home, he naps and relaxes pretty much the whole eveming and into the night. Moving rarely. Even part of the next day he takes it easy. Two other days we have a neighbor come in half way through the day to take out, get some exercise (walks and plays with her two dogs). Sometimes she even takes Marley home with her for a few hours. And then Friday I only work a half day so, we spend the afternoon together. So Marley gets lots of attention and plenty of exercise. At least three walks a day, most days more. It's good for him and us, and it has made me believe that a puppy that gets that much exercise, gets into less trouble. I am sure it helps, because while he probably gets more exercise that your average dog, he probably lounges more than your average dog too, as a result of that. And he loves the Day Care he goes too. :) :) I consider it money very well spent and I am sure you will too Marjie.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I agree totally...Working full time, we could not have managed Tanner without daycare. We also take him 2 days a week and DH is home by 1 on Friday. As he has gotten older, he doesn't get as wiped out at daycare but it gives us a chance to go out to dinner in the evening or watch a movie without feeling guilty :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts