Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok you know it's really cold out when i start measuring 3 doodles ears, nose and tail lengths!!! hahahhaaa

So for fun, i'd like to KNOW your doodles measurements and how much FUN you had TRYING To get these kind of measurements hahahhahaaa

Beau kept licking me in the face when i measured Peanut,
Peanut kept trying to bite the measuring tape when i was measuring Beau,
Max leaned into me and i fell on my butt hahahhaa
then Beau kept turning around when i'd try to measure his height
Peanut sat then laid down on her back when i tried to see how long her tail was and curled it up hahhahaaaa
Max was truly fascinated with my hair clip
and I got to have some good laughs doing this type of measurement on 3 silly comical doodles

Dave and my son were laughing too much watching me to help out
hahhahahaaaaa and when I asked for help they didn't answer but gave me the "what" guy type of look for an answer hahahhahaa

BEAU : 5mos old ---NOSE is 3.5in---Tail is 11 or 12 in (he moved alot), Ears are 6in long, he's 19.5 in tall and was 40lbs week or so ago

PEANUT: 12mos old--NOSE 3 1/4 in ...Tail 9 in , Ears 5in, 22in tall, 60lbs last time weighed

Max:
17mos old---NOSE 4.5 in Long ( jimmy durante relative?hahhaa)
Tail whopping 5in long including wispy hair, Ears 5in, 26 in tall, 85 lbs

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
LOL - I'll let you come down and measure Annabelle, she pees everytime I get a measuring tape or yardstick in her vacinity - Did Dave get all this on video ??? :shock:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I tried to measure AB when she was sleeping, didnt get far she woke up and wasnt happy

Nose 4-1/2" long and Ears 6-1/4" long

will try next time she zonks out on the bed, right now she's curled up in a ball on the sofa - she knows somethings up :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
at 1st i went WHOA when i saw Denver's measurements but then realized he is in the right proportional meausurements to his size.

WOW Sue, I'd love to see Denver in person. one day perhaps

Mary itry to meausure their height to the top of their shoulder not back but hey get whatever you can hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
annabelles mom said:
LOL - I'll let you come down and measure Annabelle, she pees everytime I get a measuring tape or yardstick in her vacinity -
so did you measure how much she peed? hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Sorry Gene - get the vacumns out - you have 3 - 4 legged ones :wink:

ROFL Annmarie - I havent measured the pee yet, soaks into the ground by the time I get my tape :twisted:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I need an invisible measuring tool! Nicky thinks the yard stick is going to attack him, so he won't let me near him with it. Remember, this is the dog who snacks on sticks and tree branches! He also runs away if I try to get near with a tape measure. So, Nicky remains unmeasured!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK

1. I use a Stanley measuring tape and YES it does take time for them to get used to it

2. NOSE ...i measured from tip of NOSE to just before the eyes

3. Tail from the rear to the tip of the bone you feel at the end

4. Height ....from floor to top of shoulder (not the back) but hey take what you can get :wink:

5. Ears...they're not that easy to get hahahhaaa from head to tips
Excluding the wispy hairs hahahhaa

6. Weight: buy $20 scale at Walmart or Linen n things...get SOME OTHER family member to weigh themself and then pick up doodle for you
subtract other fam/member weight from total human and canine weight
hahahhaa that way YOU don't weigh yourself and get depressed :D

7.for MARY...PUT MEASURING cup (preferably a 2 cup ) under Annabelles belly, rest on floor and measure away both with tape and tell us how much that sweet gal lets loose hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
333 Posts
Don't have any measurements but will attempt after work! Chloe weighed 53 pounds at her daycare...she seems to be tapering off a bit at 7 months.

Chase last weighed in at 94 pounds down a bit from his previous 98.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh this is a fun one :D :D

Buster at 6 Months old:
Nose 4 ½”
Ears 5 ½
Tail 17” (we no longer have any wine glasses with stems) :shock:
Height 27”
Weight 62 lbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts