Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winston had his visit with the vet yesterday. He did very well, he seemed not so much worried as much as simply curious about the other dogs there. He has had loose stools since his arrival and sure enough the vet declared he had the whole trifecta of worms though she stated there was no reason to worry and gave us medicine for that, a combo of a tab we placed on his skin as well as 3 doses of white stuff we shoot right into his mouth. He eats it right up. I am hoping it works soon though as that stuff he is getting rid of now is hard to get up. I used Nature's Miracle at first but it wasn't doing the job with his runs so I found something called Poop-Off! which works really well. We blocked off the dining room which is empty at the moment as we have not yet bought our furniture for that room. I think because it is empty and usually uninhabited he particulary likes doing his business there. He is good in the living room but to be safe we have temporarily laid blankets all around so if there is an accident it is easily resolved. He loves chasing the dead leaves in the backyard and I think he has discovered that there are wild rabbits living under the deck. All in all it is looking like a nice fit for him here. I'll load more pics soon.

Cheers,
Chad

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Yay - so glad Winston is home and doing well, other than worms which hopefully the meds will clear up soon.

Make sure you post some pics :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Chad i feel for you as I went through a 'diarrhea' and med stage with max in the past.

Hope Winston is back to his Regular self asap ...keep us posted
and the potty training may be hard at the moment but i found it can be to your advantage cause ususally they tell you when they have to go when it's not up to par :wink:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Feeling much better now! After 3 days of deworming meds Winston was full of beans for Thanksgiving day. My guests fell in love with him and one whom had mentioned he was going to get a dog has now decided on a doodle. Winston kept the kids entertained as well as the adults. here are some Turkey Day pics of Winston.

Hope all had a nice Thanksgiving!

Chad

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WINSTON is gorgeous....and wow those pics are fantastic too!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh how cute he is!
I'm so glad it was a simple fix to his problem.
Makes me wonder though what kind of care he got before you got him that something so simple was let get that bad. My pups get wormed every 2 weeks like clock work. I figured this was just standard and is a while lot easier on the pups and the wallet than waiting for it to become a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, I hear you. I was wondering the same thing though the conditions he was kept looked ok and he seems happy and well adjusted. My vet stated that aside from the worms he was in very good health and she even stated that he was one of the better looking goldendoodles she had worked with of late, though she did say she saw more labradoodles then goldens. I look at it this way, if he wasn't getting all the right care before, then he is now.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Congrats, Winston is a BEAUTY!!!
Glad you got the worms cleared up.... you can do a home-maintenance dose of de-wormer now, yourself if you want to.

Also the stress of leaving can upset the bacteria balance which could have contributed, but you won't notice it, if he is adjusting so well, plus having the de-wormers you have.

Your picture of Winston with the snow, and the RED collar is stunning!
Like one of those classic black/white photos with one colored item for emphasis, ya know?

Tell your friend who has just decided to get their own Doodle that we all think you have GOOD JUDGMENT in friends and your friend is showing DISCERNING taste! :wink:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Wintson is sooo handsome!
I agree with Maureen your shot of him
with the tip of his red collar is really good!
He is so cute in all his photos!
Glad to hear he is getting over the wormy episode.....
when poops are like tootsie rolls
( someone on this site referred to normal poops as such!!)
then all is pretty much normal!

Welcome to the forum!
8)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Chad ... Winston is such a doll! I'm not surprised that everyone fell for him!

I also like your attitude regarding his tummy troubles.
I look at it this way, if he wasn't getting all the right care before, then he is now.
Way to focus on the happy present!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts