Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has Kirby been humping Dexter non-stop for the past 3 days and why does Dexter look like he's really really enjoying it??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
:lol: :lol: Another great mystery of doodles?!

Maybe Kirby's taking advantage of Dex's weakened state to exhibit his dominance? But who knows why Dexter is enjoying it. :)

Deb

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
That is strange that it started now after Kirby's been with you so long, I think I'd be saying NO a lot, don't know if it would help though :shock:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me..."Kirby off" has been the frequent phrase of the week :) There is absolutely no fighting going on...but the humping it out of control :shock:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
did this start up after Dex had his stitches out? just curious, could it be a smell thing - antiseptic - your sure Kirby didnt get a dose of hormones LOL

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did this start up after Dex had his stitches out? just curious, could it be a smell thing - antiseptic - your sure Kirby didnt get a dose of hormones LOL
haha...well it has started since we allowe them to play together again...so before the stitches were out, but post surgery. It's really funny because Dex is in no way bothered by any of this...both him and Kirby have goofy smiles on their faces :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LESLIE there's a 3 ring humping circus going on in my house lately
I have NO CLUE why either and i just roll my eyes and giggle most of the time.

I do call them at times with their toys to distract them when it gets overwhelming hahaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
670 Posts
Parker does that to sofie and sofie will do it back to him! :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
You go Sophie!! Don't take that from him!

Miko won't hump back (too much of a lady)....but she will rest both paws an the boys backs and stretch.

·
Registered
670 Posts
lol gene :D

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
gene said:
Have you been listening to the Village People lately?? :oops: :lol:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Seriously, humping, when not associated with breeding is a behavior of dominance. Males and females can do it to other dogs, or to people if not trained otherwise.

But the timing is interesting! Is Beau neutered? recently? Someone mentioned Dex getting surgery? That part of this is a bit of a puzzle to me, frankly, but I guess it could be part of Beau re-establishing his supremacy. Sheesh!
:roll:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Here's a thread I can relate to! We took Abby to Islamorada yesterday afternoon for a little fun in the sun and water. After a Doodle 500 on a small beach where we had tied up the boat (she had a few folks in the Restaurant giggling) we stopped at an espresso bar where they have a great Golden Retriever named Bucko. Abby as stated before goes bonkers (total clown) with other dogs, such was the case with Bucko who had other things on his mind. I told his owner to let them do their thing since Abby was spayed no harm no foul. When we left I could see Bucko in the rear view mirror trying to panhandle a cigarette :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
We had a smililar experience yesturday at the dog feild. There was a dominant lab-ish dog that started to hump Hershey. The owner was nowhere to be seen but Gustopher was there to save the day. He raced from across the feild at warp speed and tackled the dog off Hershey and went to town humping him, and he is not a "humper" much at all. it was very funny, he did it as if to say "I'm with her, dont bother her".

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
lol. Maybe it is the season. Cacao and her boy toy Cabo were humping all over each other last Saturday.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Maureen.... BEAU is NOT fixed as he may be studded out and
OMG he has raging hormones at 8mos old.

the 3 way humping circus act didnt' begin till MR Easy-Going HUMP HAPPY BEAU came to be part of our family hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

yes dominance usually is the issue and other times i wonder if BEAU is just practicing hahhaaaaaaaaaa for his future career :wink: 8) :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it gets worse...why is Kirby's red rocket making tons of appearances during all of this?? :oops: GROSS!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts