Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She ends up sloshing the water all over the floor! It's not a new bowl...it's the one she's been using for three weeks now. This is a new thing though where she sticks her paws in and makes a mess :x

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
WATER DOG!!! :lol: Don't forget a retriever LOVES water!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Awww..you just made me smile b/c Uma did the same thing as a puppy. I hated it at the time, but now I kinda miss it because it was so endearing.

She'd be drinking and then all the sudden realize the waters she's drinking could be really fun. The only way to describe it is to say, she'd start digging in her water dish, splashing water clear accross the room. Then she'd look at us and give a big smile. We'd give her a gentle scolding and she eventually stopped on her own, but I still this it was obnoxiously adorable.

Puppies see the world in a different way. We see water to drink...they're looking for a way to make it fun. :)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner would take his full water bowl and run through the house...water going everywhere. You will miss these antics someday :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
annieG said:
Tanner would take his full water bowl and run through the house...water going everywhere. You will miss these antics someday :p
amen Annie! mine don't play with their paws in the water bowl anymore
and Max no longer can roll the water bowl across our floors since i got
a HUGE triangular plastic one now hahhaaaa

G

·
Maya does this too! She doesn't do it in the house very often anymore but I had to get a 3 gallon waterer for when she is outside for the day. She will "dig" out her water and then lay in it. And when I go out to check on her and she is laying in the mess she just made she looks so happy with herself.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
For some reason I can't wait to see what Cacao does. I am getting very excited to see what she gets into. And that may sound weird but I can't wait. I never thought I would say that but from what you all are talking about I can't wait to see what our little angel does. :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
sdrudge.....i got it at petsmart, dep enough to hold enough water for 3 doodles and NOT get tipped over or carried off NOR rolled across the floor

it's huge.....i'll get the name of the bottom of it in short while :wink:

it costs about $15-$17

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ha ha! Gold, Scout does exactly the same thing. first it was just putting her front two paws in while she drank, but it has progressed to 'digging' the water out of the bowl and onto the floor. We have a very large drinking bowl for her (bought it at a garage sale) and it is way too big for her, so i thought, i'll change it for Crackers' (the cat) bowl, which is much smaller.

Within 25 seconds half the water had been 'dug' out and then in the next 5 seconds, she had uprooted the entire bowl and spilt it dry. She then carried the bowl to her favorite corner.

Its pretty cute so i just live with it. Glad to hear that others experience the same though...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No wonder Tyke's breeder suggested water bottles! Lucile trains all the puppies to drink out of them, and by the time I got Tyke at 8 weeks, she wouldn't even drink out of a bowl - I don't think she knew how! She will occasionally drink out of a bowl now, but if given the choice, she obviously prefers the bottle. Lucile said that she started them on bottles after her first litter of doodles nearly swamped her house!

G

·
It is very cute and Maya just looks so happy with herself when she is laying in her puddle she just dug out of the water bowl. Maya has even taught her dog friends this nifty trick! Their Mom's don't think its so nifty but the dogs love it!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
In summer my dogs have a small kids wading pool in their run. They dug like crazy in that thing... I was surprised they didn't make a hole in it! But they sure enjoyed it and they're adults!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Tanner would take his full water bowl and run through the house...water going everywhere. You will miss these antics someday
OMG that is so funny! Neither of ours has ever done the digging in the water bowl...I've seen many labs at the dog park do it (and I always distract Dexter so he doesn't get any ideas) :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon did that as a puppy too. I didn't find it in the least bit endearing. There's nothing like getting up in the morning, walking across the carpet of your bedroom and feeling it between you toes. First thought isn't the water bowl, let me tell you.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Bailey hasn't started doing this yet BUT when his bowl is empty he brings it to us and slams it down at our feet (like he's saying, hello, what do I need to do to get a bowl of water around here).

It was so sweet at first, we laughed. But now he brings it to us when it's still half full! Water everywhere. Still cute though...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chisos sits in her water bowl, and frequently puts her tail in it. Sometimes she lands in it when she tries to jump up onto her x-pen. Every now and then I find a toy in it.

One evening, she was very tired and fell asleep on her side beside her water bowl. At some point, she rolled over, dunking half her head into it. She looked as though something completely smashed one side of her face in, with water dripping down her side, and she had a bewildered look in her eyes. I don't know why I didn't photograph her -- probably was laughing too hard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts