Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Sharlene and Maggie is our wonderful Labradoodle! My husband is in the Navy and we just recently relocated to WA State from Connecticut. Maggie is a very special girl to us. She helps my two autistic boys in a big way as their service dog. Maggie was donated to the North Star Foundation in CT from a super nice breeder at LandmarkLabradoodles in CT. Although Maggie is only 1 1/2 years old, she has completed obedience, advanced obedience, and some rally training and will be taking her CGC test very soon. I'm so glad to have found this board. I have been active in the Doodle discussion boards and the Doodle Zoo but the majority of the people at those boards have Goldendoodles and although the breeds are very similar, they do have some differences. It's very nice to see a board specifically for Labradoodles. I look forward to meeting other Doodle owners here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks Blueteal and Annabelle's mom! Both your Dood's are gorgeous as well. Annabelle looks like she silvered since she was a pup also. Was she completely black when she was born? Thanks again for the welcome!
Sharlene

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Sharlene.......HI and nice to meet you! this forum is awesome with great info, people and a great sense of humor as well.
Maggie is really pretty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice forum!

Thanks Annemarie! I browsed a little before I joined and from what I read, this does look like a really nice forum with some great people and some great information. Haven't seen any negative posts which is wonderful! Your 3 Dood's look terrific. Is it ever tough at all with 3?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome aboard Sharlene and Maggie! It's always nice to have new doods in the forum!! Have some fun, learn some things (ie....Annmarie's NUTS), post some pictures.....feel at home.

Maggie's a cutie!! :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Sharlene and Maggie- welcome. I am also new to the boards. We are "expecting" a doodle next month. I have 3 children, and my youngest has autism. We were hoping at some point to train him for some therapy work, but we were going to take our time with that as my son is only 3.5y. So our plan was just having a family pet, and letting our dood mature a little bit, get some obedience training etc... And then maybe in a couple years doing some therapy training. Have you seen this video? It is very good example of a therapy dog working with a child with autism.

http://www.childnett.tv/videos/therapie ... ild_autism

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hi Sharlene and Maggie & welcome to the West Coast!
Maggie's coloring sure is unique!
Maggie will be a treat....doodles are their happiest when they have a "job". They are just so eager to please you. Sounds like Maggie is well on her way to becoming a super service dog!!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Welcome!! It's great to have YOU and your beautiful dood join us!!! She sounds like she's really AWESOME!! I look forward to more pics and stories! :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Welcome Sharlene - Maggie's coloring is spectacular! She does look like a panda bear!!! How cute! :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts