Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone he is comfortable with?
Or maybe Daddy, because he needs to bond with Sam?
Or will going to class with Daddy scare Sammy-Doo more?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Check with the trainer,but the one who worked with Tyke encouraged ALL of Tyke's family members to come - and it might be a way for Sammy to start bonding with your Dad!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I would discuss the situation re your Dad with the trainer beforehand. The classes Tanner was in also encouraged all family members to attend.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I agree that it would be great if you both went to class. If only one, then I'd say the person who will spend the most time with Sammy and will be reinforcing the training at home should be at the class.

Deb

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I'd def talk with the trainer - they might be able to work with your Dad and Sammy, but I agree that everyone should go if possible, even ifyou can't all participate, you can watch

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sessa35 said:
Everyone if possible...if not, then start with the person who Sammy already listens to--is there any ONE person over another?...be sure to ask the trainer to incorporate your Dad at some point too...

WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK!!
AND,
I applaud your efforts at getting help for Sammy!
:D :D :D :D
He listens to me, but we have to work on that with college coming in the fall!
We're gonna miss eachother terribly... :cry:

G

·
I agree others should attend esp if you are leaving for college. Maya is my dog only and when I take her home she doesn't listen as well to my parents unless I am there and give her the look!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i say make them all go and then talk to the trainer to guide you to who is best ...but by having other family members watch class they learn and hopefully reinforce the training in class with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts