·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[i
mg][/img][
img][/
img]

This is our little Maggie - 2 1/2 year old f1b mini labradoodle.. We are wondering whether or not to pursue a playmate for her. She seems to be a little lazy these days - laying around quite a bit during the day... Another thing we notice is that she is not so friendly with other neighborhood dogs - we were hoping to look into a goldendoodle - f1b standard.. Any thoughts on how she may react..

Thanks,

Lydia & Maggie

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Is Maggie afraid of larger dogs, do you think that is why she is not friendly with other neighbor dogs - that would be my main concern. I think she is def young enough to bring another pup in the house. Have you had other dogs come over to play with Maggie on her own turf? that might give you a better idea on how she would do

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Well, Maggie is a sweetie pie, and that child! My goodness what a doll!
Now, about a second dog...I think I'd need to know more...
I would take Maggie to a class or day care center first to see if she gets along okay when you are not around.
Then, you could try to introduce her to other dogs, say, at a doodle romp...but I wouldn't jump into anything if you think it might upset her.
Has she been examined by a vet lately? Did you tell the vet what you just wrote?
If a dog is sick or injured, they try to hide, to stay away from people and other dogs...maybe this behavior is indicitave of an illness or injury...just a thought.
Good luck...it would be great fun for you if you could get a GD!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts