Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's funny that I was thinking about this today because Charlie has exactly the same preferences as my children. When my kids were little, they would fight over who got to sit behind mom. Now I notice that Charlie always wants to sit right behind me and look out the window. It must run in the family. :lol:

Deb

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah used to love to ride in the front seat. After I got Miko.....they both love the back seat. Jonah right in the rear view mirror, of course, and Miko behind the passenger seat where she can see me always, of course! :wink:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Chouette usually rides in the front seat, often lying down watching me. Sometimes she jumps in the back, though. Often she lies down but she does like to look out the window at times. If a window's open she bites at the air.

If there are two people in the front seats she's relegated to the rear although occasionally she'll try to "share" the passenger seat. This may change as she gets bigger because it's getting harder to share space with her!

And now that she knows where she should be while I'm driving I don't use a harness anymore.

Leslie

G

·
Maya would like to ride in the front but she has to stay in back. I don't use a seat belt for her so I think she is safer in the back

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter - back seat (lying down) in a harness
Kirby - back of SUV (standing) in a harness

I'm sure both would LOVE the front seat, but it's not happening :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Depends on two things: which car I drive and if I have one or two doodles with me though that is going to change with having a 3rd doodle hahahaa

landcruiser : max up front in harnass and peanut in back in harnass

subaru (std shift) IN BACK both of them in harnasses otherwise Max has been known to try to help me shift

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sandy prefers backseat behind me - He'd much rather sit in the front, but he has been banned because when he does, he gets :oops: excited :oops:

Molly sits in the middle and tries every way possible to keep either her head or her paws on the middle console.

Annie has to fight for a seat at all. Sometimes I have to throw her in the trunk.

·
Registered
985 Posts
debbildog said:
Sandy prefers backseat behind me - He'd much rather sit in the front, but he has been banned because when he does, he gets :oops: excited :oops:

Molly sits in the middle and tries every way possible to keep either her head or her paws on the middle console.

Annie has to fight for a seat at all. Sometimes I have to throw her in the trunk.
Love it!

Rosalena wins the battle with Chouette over the front seat, but sometimes it's touch and go. Chouette does like that middle console, though. And sometimes when she's got the front seat (O truly fortunate beast!) she accidentally changes my settings with her paws: I'll suddenly see that my car is now driving in W gear, for wet and slippery conditions, or my radio will suddenly switch to a different mode. It's those furry paws flailing around trying to get comfortable on a seat that's becoming a tad too small for curling up on.

By the way, I LOVE your avatar! Keep meaning to mention that.

Leslie

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
If we're in the van heading to NH, both dogs are in the back....we have one of the seats taken out and soft cushions on the floor for stretching out and sleeping....
If it's my car, it usually only Raleigh with me, and he does both..front AND back and loves to stand on the console so I can't see in the rear view mirror...he's getting better tho, and when I tell him to 'SIT DOWN NOW!!!!'
he does it! :wink: (but then he's up again two seconds later... :roll: )

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I once had to take my breeders golden retriever to the vet in an emergency ...long story short:
Vet's office is 3mi downthe road and : and OMG i put on my flashers driving only 35mph the whole way hahhahaaa
because she kept trying to lick my face while i was driving while in my lap :shock:

I never want to have that happen again...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I keep a crate in the backseat of my SUV for Tyke - she can see me between the front seats, and has plenty of room to move around. She is also still a little young and excitable to turn loose in the back seat! I wouldn't advise letting dogs ride in the front seat unless you can disengage the passenger air bag. Here in SC, it is illegal to have a small child in the front seat, even in a car seat, b/c the airbags come out with enough force to kill a baby or smaller tot. I figure the same probably holds true for doodles!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon rides either in the back seat or in the rear of my Subaru Outback. Never in the front. I don't need a face wash (or my ears) while I drive. I've been known to let her ride in the back seat with out her harness, but it doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
My, Copper, what LONG LEGS you have! Cute picture!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Copper, Charlie's other favorite place to sit is in somebody's lap or glued right next to them. :)

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
that is such a cute photo of of Copper!!

These doodles crack me up - I see Copper is sitting immediately next to his friend (your son??). Dexter does this to me too...if I'm sitting on the floor, he sits so he is next to me, but is touching me :) They are too cute!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
tykesmom said:
I keep a crate in the backseat of my SUV for Tyke - she can see me between the front seats, and has plenty of room to move around. She is also still a little young and excitable to turn loose in the back seat! I wouldn't advise letting dogs ride in the front seat unless you can disengage the passenger air bag. Here in SC, it is illegal to have a small child in the front seat, even in a car seat, b/c the airbags come out with enough force to kill a baby or smaller tot. I figure the same probably holds true for doodles!
My car automatically disables the airbags based on the weight it senses in the front seat. I think Chouette is probably going to decide quite soon that there's more room for her in the back, though!

Leslie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts