Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winn Dixie is doing a great job of going in a certain part of the yard, but after I scoop it up, where in the world do I put it? I have it piled in a corner of the fence, but I'm afraid it might get to stinking. Just wondering what you guys have tried.

I was going to add a picture, but I don't remember how!

Kay and Winn Dixie

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
we put ours in the little dog poop bags they sell at target and just put the bag into our outdoor garbage can. The can doesn't smell good at all, but we keep the lid on at all times so that contains the odor.

Once a week we go around the yard and pick up in just one of those plastic bags you get at the food store...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
We originally bought one of those doggy septic tank things... but after realizing that we had to be home every day to pour water into it, to keep it working properly, we returned it... so now, we just scoop once or twice a week into plastic bags that we tie and drop in the garbage, it's not too bad... ofcourse, it's not really warm yet either...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Megan said:
We scoop every other day & it is a large amount-I think Kahlua poops 3-4 times/day on Performatrim & can't wait to see that lessen on Orijen.
We are not allowed to place dog poop into our regular garbage & if the garbage guy spots it, he actually leaves it on your driveway.
Lots of garbage & recycling policing goin' on.
So, my daughter carries it to a dumpster near our home instead.
Works for us!
Megan
Really? What do cat owners do when they scoop their cat litter? Wow, that is tough...

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
We are not allowed to place dog poop into our regular garbage & if the garbage guy spots it, he actually leaves it on your driveway.
wow...I've never heard of a rule like that. Yuck!! I'm imagining a big pile of pooh on my driveway :shock:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have read that dog and cat poop should not be put in your compost bin or pile. Daily I pick up Nicky's poop into a plastic bag and put it in the garbage can (which is also lined with a plastic bag). Our garbage is picked up once a week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw some of the doggy doolie bags at Target today, so I will just scoop into the back of the yard, then maybe pick it up once a week, right before garbage man comes.
Thank you all for your replies~!!!!
Kay and Winn Dixie

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we double back the poop then put into large garbage which then goes to road in garbage can.
this how we get rid of our Poopie garbage :wink:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Since we have a one acre lot I imagine we're luckier than most in this respect. Along our back lot line is woods that connect to the neighbors woods and no houses nearby at all. So we dig a hole and each day just pick up the poo and toss it in there. If it starts to get nasty we bury it and dig a fresh one. The neighbor is planning to put a fence along the line to allow his horses access to his woods, so as long as we stay on our side of the line I don't think the horses will care. lol We also have a small dumpster we rent for $44 a month rather than having to set bags out along the road... so if we can't dig (like during winter) we bag it and toss it in our own dumpster. So here it depends on the season where our poo ends up.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
We are also not allowed to put animal waste in the regular
garbage. The cat litter is flushable and we either flush Denver's
or bring it to the local park where they have recepticles just for doggy
poop.

·
Registered
401 Posts
WOW!! I guess I never knew how lucky I was that I live on 10 acres! All we do is toss it into the woods... only bad thing about 10 acres is there more area to poop so you have to walk around a lot to get it all :roll:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
with 3 dog s it s just gotta be everyday..the wife bring s back those
plastic bags they put loaves of bread in..she get s them from where she work s..

each day there s anywhere from 6 to 8 pile s in the backyard..so you get an idea what an obstacle course it would be if i waited an extra day or 2 :oops:

·
Registered
593 Posts
We have woods in the back yard...
We taught Sampson to go poopie there.
Sammy-Doodle's neighbor Oliver, a yellow lab, goes in the woods when his owner's take him for walks there.
So we don't need a trash bag!!! :lol:

When Sam is naughty and goes in a neighbors yard on a walk (on our street, we don't use his leash because everyone likes him and doesn't mind and he stays close to us) we have to pick it up with these baggies in a bone-shaped dispenser we carry... Those go in the trash that has already been brought to the garage!

·
Registered
113 Posts
We clean up our yard once a week or so (depending on the weather). DH and I have different takes on how to do it. When I clean up I use the biodegradable poo bags that we take on walks with us. I scoop into one of these bags until its full and then tie and toss in our outside trash.

DH brings out this huge, heavy shovel and shovels into a plastic grocery bag and then ties and tosses in out outside trash.

I prefer the biodegradable ones because it makes me feel a little better about tossing them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
With three dogs I go out to their pen about once a month and use a shovel and rake and large size contractor bags and do the poop scoop clean up it is lots of fun and lovely smelling.During the summer we do this about once or twice a week as the pen abuts the pool area and who want to smell poop while hanging at the pool. I have to be careful not to let the bags weigh to much but other than that is goes out with the trash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts