Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, Winn Dixie's baby teeth are like little razor blades, especially his canines! He got one caught on me yesterday, and it made a hole in my arm. By the way, yesterday he discovered that he really likes dirt, and start digging around a plant that I love!
Kay and Winn Dixie

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think Charlie's came out between 5 and 6 months. We still have them! We thought about throwing a party to celebrate. LOL! I kept my sewing box on my desk and was mending tshirts every day.

Deb

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
DebBrown said:
I think Charlie's came out between 5 and 6 months. We still have them! We thought about throwing a party to celebrate. LOL! I kept my sewing box on my desk and was mending tshirts every day.

Deb
I thought I was the only one crazy enough.... buahahahahah!!! We still have one of Lucas' teeth too!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Libby is 5 months old today and she's lost just about all of them now, I think. She's bleeding off and on, too, and isn't as interested in eating. I imagine her gums are sore! I found and kept 3 of her baby teeth! Glad I'm not the only one!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
am I the only one who never found any puppy teeth? Knowing Dex, he probably ate them :shock:
It was a huge event in our house! I could wiggle those sharp pointy teeth in his mouth and knew they were coming out. We were counting the hours. :D

If Dex wasn't a crazed puppy who constantly jumped up and scratched your arms and bit holes in your shirt, then you might not have paid so close attention!

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
usually in the 6th month they're done losing baby teeth

just remember ina few months they need to break in those adult teeth and will want to chew, so have some toys and bones around :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We never found a tooth either. Raw diet= no dental problems or cleanings :D

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Toby s been losing his baby s for the past month..he s now
5 mos. old..

i noticed some blood on the toilet tissue roll this past weekend :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jofi's in that phase too. When her canines came out there was a fair bit of blood - I had to wash her soft toys because they were a bit bloody :(

This teething phase has been a bit trying - at least 8 chair legs have been sacrificed to the tooth fairy and not to mention the poor state of the shoe rack in the hall (and that's not to mention the shoes - in the end I allowed Jofi an old climbing shoe and a flip-flop so that she'd leave our other shoes alone - I'm too soft on her!!). Every time I sit to use the computer, Jofi positions herself wrapped around one of the chair legs and grinds away until I get fed up and put her in the kitchen - then it's another episode of 'prison break' and there she is again gnawing on the chair leg - fortunately it's an old chair that probably should have been replaced some years ago.

It won't last forever. As for collecting the teeth... I've only found 2 or 3 teeth - the rest were mysteriously 'consumed' - and I already have some nice scratch scarrs to remember those teeth - no more reminders needed :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
ok, in my last post on this topic i said that just about all of Libby Lu's teeth had fallen out. well, i noticed something new. her upper fangs didn't fall out - but the new ones came in! her bottom ones fell out with no problem, but she has 4 upper fangs now! should i be concerned? has anyone had that happen before? i think i remember my vet saying something about poodles having a tendency toward dental problems. does anyone know about that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
doodleallday said:
ok, in my last post on this topic i said that just about all of Libby Lu's teeth had fallen out. well, i noticed something new. her upper fangs didn't fall out - but the new ones came in! her bottom ones fell out with no problem, but she has 4 upper fangs now! should i be concerned? has anyone had that happen before? i think i remember my vet saying something about poodles having a tendency toward dental problems. does anyone know about that?
My mom's poodles had this problem. One poodle's finally fell out and was only a few double teeth like yours.. The other one had this problem with almost all her teeth and they never fell out - and then had to have all the baby teeth pulled by the vet. Apparently, if you let it go too long it can cause bite problems. It didn't for her - but she let it go quite some time before finally dealing with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Max lost his at 5 months

Not only do I have a bunch of Max's Baby teeth,from his molars to incisors and front teeth,some in full pieces others broken.
Mr.Max was in his kennel while we were out,we came home to find blood on the carpet and teeth out his kennel door,he was trying to chew his way out of the kennel.
What a mess I must say.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
doodleallday said:
Are the baby ones loose? See if you can wiggle them and get them to loosen up and come out. Generally, the new ones push the old ones out. I'm guessing the new ones are still growing in so the problem might resolve itself.

Deb

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Thanks for the info. Cacao is almost five months old, so we should see them come out....I hope.

·
Registered
83 Posts
at this point, the baby teeth don't seem loose. it seems like Libby's mouth and snout grew enough to allow this new set to grow it right in front of the old set. the new ones are already bigger and longer than the baby teeth. Libby is somewhat of a "touch me not" dog. she loves to lay at my feet, sit beside me, etc. but doesn'tlike to be touched or pet, so it's hard for me to get her to allow me into her mouth. (she doesn't bite, just wiggles and whines)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I never saw any of Nicky's baby teeth when they came out. He probably ate them. When he had baby teeth my hands and arms looked like I'd been attacked by a wild thing! Now he's very gentle with his mouth—no bites, just kisses!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts