1) find a puppy first, and/or call your breeder
2) when is next litter? or WOW you have puppies now?
3) wait till puppy is 8-10 wks old before bringing home
4) YOU have to still pour over rescue ads and possible older doodle pups even though you've already decided to get a puppy from your breeder.
5)Next you need to come to the forum to name your puppy and show us all pictures too.
6) you also have to go thru the doodle mom schizo stage of :
"OH wow, i can't believe we're getting another doodle!! i can't wait!!
he/she is soooooooo cute...does this or that etc etc
Then you have to do the " wait a minute, ohhhh am i ready for this? mabye i should wait? then you daydream of 2 doodles playing peacefully and happily then go .......ohhhhhhhhh i want my puppy now."
This has to cycle for at least a week or more!!!
6)why?? Because next you decide maybe this OTHER one is also the one for you or cuter out of the 8 or so littermates at the breeders.
Finally you settle on one!!! finally giving your family a break on which one to get.
7) then you need to go shopping ....picking up every toy and then saying no...dexter will shred this one ,,,uh uh this one will be eaten in an hour...nope this one is good but too big for a puppy. And say to yourself, i'll pick one or two up for the crate but otherwise she/he can share Dexter's toys.
8) now YOU are ready to pick up your brand new baby doodle that is also Dex's new playmate
haha...you guys gave me a good laugh :wink: If I had to vote, I would vote for more than 6 months (7-8) as we play softball during the spring/summer and I think the fall may be a better time for us to devote to a playmate. Of course, that's what I say now. Preferably, I would want a 5-6 month old puppy