Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 7 month old F1b labradoodle named Beckham. Cute as can be and we are enjoying him to no end, but the little guy will NOT stop chewing! He shreds his bed, toilet paper, blankets, squeaky toys, etc. We always have an ample supply of pig ears, bully sticks and toys for him to chew on.

The good news is that he almost always sticks to his own "stuff" to chew on, and bitter apple is a good deterrent for him, but we're just wondering when this phase ends. Were your guys chewers at this age?

Thanks for any advice!
Heather

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi some never stop being chewers but most do. There teeth take about 18 months to grow all the way in so even though the teeth are in they still grow so the gums still itch, so the chewing varies from dog to dog. Just make sure you keep things for him to chew on. Sorry probably not the answer you wanted.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hhahaa I remember one of my KIDS chewing till they were 3yrs old! One of my cars had teeth marks all down the side. :roll: Thank heavens doodles mature sooner!! :D

Have you tried taking away those things like blankets etc and just giving him a KONG with peanut butter in it, and other dog chew toys only for just awhile? just a thought is all....then later reintrouce blankets etc again.

Max destroys squeaky toys eventually ...we just buy more but the bigger ones instead. NO tennis ball is safe. Luckily the few times he went after sneakers and chair legs I was sitting next to him and he got the hint.

From what i hear they calm down AFTER 1yr+ old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts