Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is a topic that has already been covered, but I'm wondering at what age I can expect Dan to stop growing? I wanted to buy him a bed today but had a hard time b/c I wasn't sure if he would graduate to the next size. Right now he is 6 months old and 55 lbs. I guess I'm expecting him to top out around 75 lbs?? Thanks in advance for your help! (Although I'm more lurker than poster, I really learn a lot from you guys :D )

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My understanding(according to my vet) is that they can continue to grow up to 2 years, and sometimes more than that. Denver is 15 months and I do not think he will get any taller, but he is still filling out in the chest area.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ditto!! after a year or so dogs ususally are putting on weight as they've usually attained full height by 12mos or so

max and peanut both slowed down at 6mos. Then Max at 9mos had a growth spurt...he's 14mos old and filling out a bit by putting on more muscle/weight. at 12 mos he was 69ls, 13mos 77lbs and at 14mos, i don't want to weigh him just yet hahhahaaa

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I gotta give dittos to the others. I thought height was basically set at 6mos. but it really is an individual thing. There is a growth chart (link below) that says a dog is at 90% height and 70% weight at 26-30wks, but that is a statistical average. Our Keenan grew an inch or TWO after 6mos. old, so I am more open to leaving open the possibility of growing. I do think you could probably choose a bed tho, at this stage. Would 2" make a difference in the bed you choose? That's up to you. I'd probably want to choose one where 2" wouldn't make a difference.

I'm pretty sure the growth chart is in this forum elsewhere, but I don't mind posting it again:
http://www.goldendoodles.com/Health/growth_chart.htm

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Linn, if he's 55 lbs at 6 months I think you're going to pass 75 lbs by quite a bit. I'd guess he'll be more in the 90+ lb range.

Sounds like you got a BIG one!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Linn, if he's 55 lbs at 6 months I think you're going to pass 75 lbs by quite a bit. I'd guess he'll be more in the 90+ lb range.
Not necessarily. Dexter was 60 lbs at 6 mos and now at 13 mos is 67 lbs. He seemed to grow a ton early and then slowed down a lot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goodness! I guess I'll just have to wait and see... I am enjoying puppyhood so much, but I can hardly wait to know what kind of "dog" I'll end up with. And 90 lbs would be crazy but lots of fun! :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Linn,
Bailey was 38 lbs at 6 months.
She'll be one year next week and now weighs 49 lbs.
YMMV

BTW - I think my Bailey looks a lot similar to your Dan!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle has been around 57-60 for the past few months, I'm not sure if she has gotten taller, she wont sit still when you get out any measuring devise - they freak her out

·
Registered
9 Posts
ZMan I was just wondering how tall is Bailey? My labradoodle Olive is 22weeks old and weighs about 33 pounds and her height is about 18 inches. She is supposed to be a mini but I think she might be more medium sized. Is Bailey a mini? I'm jsut curious about Olive and how big she might get. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
YOGEEVES said:
ZMan I was just wondering how tall is Bailey? My labradoodle Olive is 22weeks old and weighs about 33 pounds and her height is about 18 inches. She is supposed to be a mini but I think she might be more medium sized. Is Bailey a mini? I'm jsut curious about Olive and how big she might get. Thanks. :)
Bailey is about 23-24 inches at her shoulders. She is one year old and weighs 49 lbs. She is not a mini. I'd guess she will be about 55 lbs. I think our breeder was right on target guessing her. She estimated 50-60 lbs which is what we wanted. (Lots of stories out there of breeders saying 55-60 lbs and the dog is 75-80 or more!)

Funny thing - Bailey was just like Olive, 33 lbs at 22 weeks. I kept a weekly weigh-in chart till she was 32 weeks old (yeah - that probably is anal). Then, I went to monthly. Too much hassle to pick her up and weigh her.

BTW - Welcome to the forum if you're relatively new. There is lots of good info in here and GREAT people!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Peanut is only 21.5 in tall and 60 lbs at 9mos old
Max at 14mos is 26 in tall and 83lbs

·
Registered
122 Posts
Skinny said:
Hmmmm? After reading this I went and measured Tater from foot to shoulder he is 22 in tall and he is 40lbs. He just turned 5 mo's old.
Does this mean he is almost done growing? Or that he is going to be a BIG Boy!!
I think your Tater is gonna be a BIG one!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Skinny said:
Hmmmm? After reading this I went and measured Tater from foot to shoulder he is 22 in tall and he is 40lbs. He just turned 5 mo's old.
Does this mean he is almost done growing? Or that he is going to be a BIG Boy!!
he may stay skinny but he isn't done growing :wink: :shock: :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts