Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Austin yesterday and I love him and at the same time he is driving me nuts. I so forgot how it was to have a puppy. I really can't wait til I can take him on walks. He is going in for his 2nd round of shots on Monday. Is this the round that I can finallly take him out or do I have to wait til the 3rd round?

·
Registered
294 Posts
In the UK they have two shots the third included, after two weeks then they can go out, I know how you feel as the doodle needs exercise and running around the house and garden is not enough.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hi, and congratulations!
I think that some fudge on the rule, but I highly recommend that puppies don't go on walks in public until the THIRD shot is administered and set, for 48hrs afterwards. This is what my vet says as well, altho I have known of people starting their puppies in a Puppy Kindergarten before 15wks.

You might take your Austin for a walk and be fine, but if he got sick or God forbid, parvovirus it would be AWFUL! So I suggest safer is better, when our puppies leave our house.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How old should a puppy be before he is regularly walked in a focused walk? I sometimes geta 500 foot walk out of Licorice, who is 11 weeks old. Sometimes, I am yanking on his collar too much and it is not nice and high like Cesar Millan does it. My dog-gome puppy training class keeps getting postponed and delayed by the trainers, which is pushing some of my training back later than I wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts