Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I feel so silly for my quesitons, but Farley is my first dog in over 20 years and the first inside dog ever! So here goes my question de jour...

When are they "full grown" physically? Farley is 3 months old and weighed 17.5 pounds at the vet this morning. I am just wondering when they are done growing? I know the mental/personality growth is much slower, but I'm just trying to figure out how big he'll be?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I dont have a direct answer for you although im almost positive someone here will!! ...I do know that Leno is the same size he was when we got him at 9 months old. He's 14 months now and he is the same height and has only gained a couple of pounds. When I took him to the vet at 9 months she said for his height I should continue to keep him at 80 pounds. I would say Leno is done growing although I've heard they arent fully done growing until they are 2, but im not so sure on that. So just from my own experience here seems like they stop growing before 9 months old! ..and believe me Leno is a big dog!!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Usually by 16 to 18 months they are done they can reach their height at around 9 months to a year but most will still fill out some after that.

You can double the weight at 4 months or multipy the weight at 6 months by 1.3 and that should give you a pretty good answer in weight. Unless of course you overfeed and the dog is over weight... :shock:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
No question is silly! Thanks for asking ... others will be wondering the same thing.

I agree with Linda...she is very wise :wink: ...

In my experience, my dogs reached their full height by 8-9 months, but continued to fill out as they got older.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts