Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering when a labradoodle is considered to be full grown in both height and size? Thanks for any info you can give me. I am just wanting to know whether to expect another growth spurt from my 9 month old 50 pounder.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver will be two this month and we think he is done growing.
But...............He is growing in a longer coat then he has ever had....
From nine months old til now he went through a couple of
growth spurts in height and filling out so I would think yours will
grow some more...............

My vet has always said they should be full grown by age 2

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dex and Kirby haven't budged since 1.5 yrs. They actually lost a few pounds (they play a lot and burn a ton of energy).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
my vet has so few doodles that he could not really give
a definite answer to Toby s eventual size..he s almost 7mos..
23 inchs at the shoulder and weigh s 55lbs..

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Lily generally a doodle will have done or have one last growth spurt in height by 9 to 10mos old, after that its a slow gradual weight gain. eventually they level out and then yes they can also lose a few pounds.

MAX like Denver though is growing a longer scruffy coat which also thickened up and is becoming softer in texture now.
max is hitting 23mos old this month.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Great question! Bogie is 7 months and it seems like he's stopped growing!
So..........more to come bewteen now and 10 months??

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah turned 2 in April was still filling out til then.......of course that could just be his "jello ribs". His last growth spurt (filling out) seemed to be around 22 months.

Miko will be 2 in August, and the last few months seems to be filling out in the chest and getting more muscular.

Rumor will be 3 in October, and he still hasn't filled out.....I think he bounces it all off at the fence!! :wink:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ozzie is at almost 9 months and his body growth has taken a break, but his legs are now telescoping. He reminds me of the werewolf transformations in American Werewolf in London!

I think he'll be mature by age 2. Still don't know/care what he weighs.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone - gives me a better idea of what to expect. Bailey has seemed to stop growing taller also. I would love him to stay this size so he doesn't have to sit in the back of the van. But I guess I can expect a bit more growth - a little unpredictable whether he may or not according to the posts. Thanks again!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Lucas will be 10 months in a couple weeks. I noticed a big growth spurt from 4-6 months and another a 9 months...

My understanding always was that the grew most of their height in the first year, and then filled out the 2nd year.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cody is 14 months and I swear he's still growing taller. We've never measured him, but every now and then he all of the sudden appears taller (not unlike my kids). Maybe I'll get DH to measure Cody this week so we can tell if he really is getting taller or if its just my eyes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts