Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now most of you know the story of Lizzie and Louie the two year old sibs. we adopted in August. They share there space and our love with good old Bingo, and granddog Shelby, who is at our house every day while our daughter is at work. Lizzie is a very dominate female, and Shelby is a very passive female. Shelby is an 80 lb Rottie mix--the sweetest dog you will ever meet. Lizzie is so mean to Shelby. Not in an agressive way--no outright fights or anything--just nasty. If we are giving Shelby attention--she barks and and pushes her away so she can get the attention. As soon as Shelby walks in the door in the morning, Lizzie is barking at her and intimidating her. Lizzie reminds me of a few people I know--you know the type--If Lizzie isn't happy nobody is happy. Thankfully Louie and Bingo love Shelby so she does have good times at our house but I hate that Lizzie is so nasty to this sweet dog. Poor sweet Shelby--you can just tell her feeling are hurt when Lizzie starts in on her !! By nature Lizzie thinks of herself as top-dog, and only defers to Bingo, and she is our jealous one of the group but I would like her to get along better with Shelby. Any suggestions, or insights into this behaviour. I keep telling her Shelby would be such a great gal-pal--then it could be the girls against the boys--so far she is not listening !! Kathy and Lizzie

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Lizzie sounds like gracielou she is mean to the others :roll: you should see the 3 of them try and get out the doggy door at the same time :shock: . But gracielou always ends up winning no matter. :roll: Johnson is pretty laid back him and Tejas play all day when they are outside together, gracie goes out and just watches or looks at them. Every now and then Johnson will get tired and let Tejas no but not very often Tejas is just a little sweetheart and just falls over and goes back and licks Johnson like saying don't be mad at me :lol: :lol: What would we do without em?

·
Registered
853 Posts
One piece of advice that comes to mind comes from the Dog Whisperer. He says if you walk dogs together, they become members of the same pack. Maybe Lizzie doesn't see Shelby as a member of the pack. Would it be possible to try taking the dogs for a walk together several times per week? As many of them as you can at the same time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts