Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Dakota to Home Depot yesterday. I got the usual 'wow pretty dog, sure is big' comments.

Then one guy asked what kind of dog Dakota was and we said 'Labradoodle'. His comment, "No way. I wasn't ready for that. I thought you were going to say Wolfhound. That CAN"T be a Labradoodle!"

Then when we got to the register, the lady at the check-out said, "Your dog is a horse!"

No, ma'm, he really is a dog! :lol:

Sue, you must have a blast with Denver!!!!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dakota is 80 pounds. I'll have to measure him; my guess would be about 25" at the withers. He does look horsey. My neighbor can't get over how huge he is, but I normally just can't see it. My husband and I had Dakota with us and I got out of the truck to drop something off. In the mean time, DH let Dakota out of the truck for a stretch. I turned around, not expecting Dakota to be out and my first though was 'that is the biggest dog I've ever seen!' then I looked closer and, my gosh, it was my 'puppy', Dakota!! :lol:

And yes, dogs can almost always go into Home Depot and Lowes--once in awhile, you get someone that says 'no dogs' but that's rare.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
too funny...people always think Dexter is enormous...I think it is because he's tall...he's not even 60 lbs anymore. Colorado must surely get some good remarks :)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
We stopped at Bass proshop on our way to Atlanta - they allow pets in buggies - we put annabelles bed in shopping cart and D lifted her in - I pushed her around the store, she had a great time, everyone wanted to pet her and talk to her and she did quite well, looked so cute, I should have taken a photo

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seazr said:
Dakota is 80 pounds. I'll have to measure him; my guess would be about 25" at the withers. He does look horsey. My neighbor can't get over how huge he is, but I normally just can't see it. My husband and I had Dakota with us and I got out of the truck to drop something off. In the mean time, DH let Dakota out of the truck for a stretch. I turned around, not expecting Dakota to be out and my first though was 'that is the biggest dog I've ever seen!' then I looked closer and, my gosh, it was my 'puppy', Dakota!! :lol:

And yes, dogs can almost always go into Home Depot and Lowes--once in awhile, you get someone that says 'no dogs' but that's rare.
Just was able to measure. Dakota is 26" at the shoulder. At one local Home Depot this past summer o a hot day, an announcemment came over the speaker inviting a certain customer to bring their dog into the store from their hot car. Our stores all seem pretty good about dogs, fortunately.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Fred is also 26 inches at the shoulders. He weighs about 75 pounds. Same with me, I really don't see him as being really big. There is a person in Albany who comes to some of the political rallies with an Irish Wolfhound, and that dog is BIG. :shock: Fred is just a wisp in comparison.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
The first thing out of everyone's mouth when they see Denver
is Wow what a big dog, Irish Wolfhound right?
He does get a lot of compliments about his looks and then they
are amazed at how gentle he is........but
I have had a woman argue with me that Denver is
an Irish wolfhound because she is an expert and I,according to her
do not know what kind of dog I have..........................
That is my favorite..............
No one has ever guessed correctly what Denver is and when I tell them, they say they have never seen such a large Labradoodle
and then they want to know where are all his curls.????????
My other favorite is the fact that people have actually asked me
where I get his blonde streaks done....bahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Diane
What a handsome pair to have Denver and Dakota walk side by side
in the Home Depot.....teehee

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
It's funny cause Max is 26in tall and approx 80lbs

i get the WOW he's HUGE, and is he a irish wolfhound? alot

though i must say at the Bank they love when we drive through and Max sticks his head out to go WOOF!! right in the speaker hahahaa
they send him 2 doggie biscuits down the chute, they think he's adorable :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts