Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
If you like Hero's coat, and he's a beauty :D , then you should be looking for an F1 Labradoodle...half lab,half poodle....first generation....
make sure you check out reputable breeders in your area...
Good luck! :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome Vall22:) According to the pictures you posted, you definately want an F1 (first generation). Hero is adorable. Be sure to research the breeder that you contact and make sure they are reputable breeders and will be able to assist you in making the right decision on picking the right puppy. There are so many different looks of the F1 Labradoodles. Just remember that looks are only part of the equation, more importantly is the temperament and health of the Labradoodle you choose. Good luck in your search :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Vall22 not all F1 labradoodles look like Hero. I actually have two F1s, Lani 13 months and Toby 10 months. It all depends on genetics, it's a wonderful thing! Let us know if you get a doodle. I love both their looks they are wonderful dogs and have great tempraments and personalities. We would love to hear all about him/her and photos please! Good Luck!

Lani before grooming

Toby looks like Hero

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
more importantly is the temperament and health of the Labradoodle you choose.
This by far is more important and if you research the Breeder really well, you should be able to get an F1 Labradoodle that resembles Hero with the above mentioned traits. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Actually

you could get a F1b Labradoodle with the traits you have pictured,
a flatter coat would be alot like Hero

also a F1Labradoodle can look like either but they are not as consitant in their looks

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome!
I agree...F1 would get that look, most likely...but you'd want to see past litters to be sure. (If that is possible.)
Keep in mind you will probably get some shedding with this generation.
Nancy is correct in that some F1Bs have this look...and generally, in my litters, they don't present a shedding problem, like the F1 dogs that I own.
And I wholeheartedly agree that temperament, intelligence, and breeder selection is most important when searching.
Look into the archives of this forum and you will find a lot of helpful information...and if you still have questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Too Add

The F1b Labradoodle is the most likly to be non shedding and allergy friendly of Any Doodle

in my over 5yrs breeding Doodles RARELY do i have a F1b Labradoodle that sheds ,no matter what the coat look

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
WOW

that dog looks lots like Bocker
www.bocker.tv
careful his song may get stuck in your head for days,,LOL
he is somewhat of celebrity he was born here at Doodlesville
has been in Tommy Heflinger,and ralph lauren ads on tv and in magazines
he was a extra in the war of the worlds
the list just keep growing
I love that coat type/look

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the advice

I guess the best thing to do would be to wait until a litter is born..would the breeder then know what kind of coat it would have..and I agree temperment and health are more important but in doing all this research im hoping to have all three.

thanks

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Well

Really depends on your breeders experience ,judging pups at birth takes a bit of experience, they change so dramatically from birth till adult hood
I can tell what coats will be like when born, but wait to confirm that when they are around 5-6weeks old
who is your breeder? i know you will just love your new pup no matter what , they are awsome!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi...nancy

Nancy..Im Valerie..we have been emailing each other..you have been really helpful and its too late we already have that bocker song stuck in our head..like I had mentioned we arent looking to adopt until we get back from vacation in april or may..I will definantly check with you to see if you have any pups left..my family has their heart set on a puppy..2-3 months old and a smaller dog around 50 pounds..I have also been talking to Marci at tango wool labradoodles..(does anyone know anything about them)..this stuff is hard..it was definantly easier picking out a Golden Retriever..anway Nancy thanks for all your help and I will be in touch

val

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Oh Okie Dokie

I dont know who Marci is,sorryshe must be new

If i can help in anyway ever ,just let me know,wheither you get a pup from us or not, happy to help

If you just let me know what coat type you want , when its time to choose pups I can help you

Sorry bout the song stuck in yer head,,LOL
:)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hey Val, let me welcome you to this forum with everyone else..... I agree with Nancy that in an F1b litter (2nd generation) there are often a couple of puppies that have the "F1" type of look of the Doodle "Hero"

In my f1b breeding I would call those dogs more "scruffy" than a typical F1b, and so we price them like an F1, since that's what they look like to me!

I love the look of Dakota, or Hero, by the way!

·
Registered
162 Posts
NANCY - I had been to Bocker's website before, but always keep the sound off so never heard the song. Well, after your remark I turned the sound on, went to Bocker's site & now every time I try to think all I get back from my brain is "do do do Bocker the labradoodle do do do." It confused me so much I bought a $20 Bocker plush toy! Ya think it was subliminal? I know you tried to warn people, but I had no idea of the power....

LizziesMom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts