Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
my mom has a friend whos dog can count :)

she will say whats 2 + 1 (or whatever) and the dog barks the answer

(slight hand movement triggers dog bark)

anyway its very cute!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
how about you teach your DOODLE to bring you socks hahhahaa!!
and then sort them by color. :wink:

actually, i am thinking hard about this one myself. As just last week that was the topic at the dinner table...what neat trick could we teach Max.

will let you know as soon as we think of one :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Dakota is taking a "click a trick" class now. He already knew "sit, shake and high five." He has now learned "touch" -- he will put his paw on something as small as a penny. From touch you advance to "paw" --he scratches at the penny;. Put the penny on a phone and it looks as if he's dialing! He just learned crawl--he loves that! And he will be going on to learn "weave" (between your legs), "roll over," "sit pretty" and more. With the clicker, you can even teach them to yawn on a commend like "are you tired?" :D Silly but fun!
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I love to dance and I always thought it would be so neat if you could teach your dog to dance with you. There was a lady and her dog on one of the talk shows one night and they were amazing. It looked like soooo much fun. I think someone should start up a "learn to dance with your dog" class. I bet it would be a big hit. I'm sure there probably are some of these somewhere but not in Howard, Ks. :cry:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Teach your dog right from left. I say "gimme your right!" which she does, them "gimme your left!" Only problem is I cant tell my left/right sometimes.

The real trick is which hand you offer your dog to shake.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
yes it does Maddie!!! wow...want to send your son over here?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Border Collies

I think it is pretty commonly held that the Border Collie is the "smartest" of the breeds. I shoot video at some of the steeplechase events in Florida and they always have events for Jack Russell Terriers (pyscho dogs) and Border Collies. The Border Collies never cease to amaze me.

Jim

·
Registered
126 Posts
I taught my dog to play dead - I say bang - and he is to roll over on his back with his feet up - it's adorable but when I say bang he runs to the carpet to drop - doesnt like the tile floor :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
My son has a border collie and he is amazing - I babysat for them one week - I was nice and mowed his lawn - they have a lot of trees so there are sticks everywhere while I was mowing I had to stop and pick them up - I was putting them in a pile - the dog watched and started helping me within 10 minutes he was doing it for me - everytime I paused and pointed he would go and get the stick and take it to the pile - eventually the border collie taught the cocker spaniel how to do it - My son was amazed with my ability to train (easy subject) !!! I was a hit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts