Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally saw for myself the destruction of our neighbor's house due to a broken water line--probably frozen. Insurance co estimates $350,000. If you recall, Janet was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. During a short Christmas retreat, Jerry forgot to turn off the water when they left the lake house. Our friend--who discovered the problem during a routine check of our house. She said weird icicles and ice formations were protruding from their house . . .

The living room . . .

Downstairs guest room . . .

Stairway and loft . . .

An idea of what their beautiful home once (and will again) looked like . .

View from the loft . . .

Upstairs master bedroom . . .

Downstairs main bath . . .

Well . . . Janet always loved our hickory cabinets and granite countertops, so now she will have them!! Good news!! Her chemo seems to be effective at least for now . . . the cancer is shrinking in places!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Wow what destruction, but I am so happy to hear that the cancer may be shrinking.............
more prayers coming your way for Janet.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Those pictures are horrifying!!
That's great news on Janet! Prayers for continued success!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
With the bad also comes the good...so happy for Janet....continued progress on all fronts...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I feel bad regarding thier home but at same time i am really
happy to hear JANET is doing much better!!!

G

·
I am so happy Janet is doing well with chemo. I have been praying for her.
The house damage is just horrifying. I am sure when the renovations are complete it will be a distant nightmare.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Echo said:
Glad to hear the good news about Janet's progress.

It's amazing how destructive water can be. Hopefully Janet likes to decorate. She can pick out something nice to go with her new granite countertops and hickory cabinets!
I live to be the decorator Janet is!!! This, hopefully be just one more fun challenge to her!!! :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sad pictures. Wonderful news.
Come on Janet ... it looks as if your special decorating touch is needed now more than ever.
Prayers continue ...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahahah!! The decorator in Janet is taking over in a time of crises. She alread asked if we would please take of one of our hickory cabinate doors--she has ALWAYS LOVED our hickory--to see if it would match with her existing redwood trim work. Sadly, she doesn't know, but her redwood is rotted from the water . . . but she'll deal with it!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts