Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the one Christmas present you always wanted as a child but never received?
(Maybe Santa will hear you this year! :lol: )

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That is an easy one to answer. Every year I asked for a horse and a sister...never got either one.

Tim offered to buy me a horse a few years ago but I decided it was too late for me and settled on a doodle instead. Maybe my next doodle will be horse size like Denver...I can always hope :p :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what? i can't think of one at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nancy Drew Book Collection :lol:
I guess Santa knew best though...Now I hate to buy a book because I only read them once and it feels wasteful...I use the library!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I can think of our...my brother and I always begged Santa for a dog or a cat...never got it...now I have 2 :wink:

·
Registered
286 Posts
a puppy! no can do though, mom is allergic.
now 27 years later, i will finally have a puppy for Christmas 8)

mom is excited about Riley - she might not be allergic to her, we'll see. we tried adopting a briard when i was about 13, she was allergic to him. we had to give him back to the breeder.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
sessa35 said:
got the dog. :smile:
never got the pony. :(
still waiting on a winning lotto ticket. :wink: :lol:
me too Vanessa...wanna try playing it sometime? hahahhaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Linda said:
Nancy Drew Book Collection :lol:
I guess Santa knew best though...Now I hate to buy a book because I only read them once and it feels wasteful...I use the library!
My sister always got those, I got them 2nd hand and The Hardy boys, I loved those series

For years I wanted a dog, finally got a rescue for my BD in 5th grade, I figured Santa was working a month early that year. Always wanted a kitty but that didn't happen

Winning lotto ticket still hasnt arrived

I used to ask him to take my sister away to live with someone else , that never happened either :evil:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
There were lots of things I wanted as a child but never got. The one that stands out was the thing I did get that I wanted. When I was 10 I wanted a jewelry box like the one in the catalog. It's the first time I got a gift that I wanted. I still have it. The dancing couple still works when you open the lid. I've already been told by 2 nieces and my daughter that I have to will it to them. I think I know who will win that one.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
A Maxi Coat.

It was 1970 <I was 13> and this was the winter item! I wanted one so badly; not only because it was the latest fashion,
but I was so tall that regular length coats were ALWAYS too short.

When I didn't get it for Christmas that year I thought I would receive it for my late January birthday
.... after they'd had been on sale
.... Nope :(

According to my Mom, Maxi Coats were:
(a) Impractical
(b) Too Expensive
(c) Would be dirty all the time
(d) I was still growing :shock: (which I was)
(e) Winter would soon be over

I obviously didn't get over it!
those two words popped right into my head when I opened this thread.
Even though I now own coats of all lengths :roll:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Mary...that is so funny...a maxi coat...

You brought back a funny memory for me. My first husband owned an upholstery business. I wanted a maxi coat. He got one of his suppliers to donate some material, gave it to me and said, "make your own". So I did. I made a coat just like those in Julie Christie's in Dr. Zhavigo It was a brocade with fake fur on cuffs, botton and collar..really quite nice.

Thanks for the memory :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I made a coat just like those in Julie Christie's in Dr. Zhavigo It was a brocade with fake fur on cuffs, botton and collar..really quite nice.
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh Annie .... You just described my DREAM of DREAMS Maxi Coat!
I would have settled for a poplin trench ... but you made the ultimate WITH the "fur" collar, cuffs and hem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Annie, that sounds beautiful!!
I just remembered the one had could convert to a 'midi' by zipping off the bottom! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG i just remembered My old Maxi coat I LOVED...it was so long, rust colored with real shaggy fur on the cuffs and edges. hahahhaa and it was so warm i used to have to unzip it to cool off. That coat lasted me 3yrs as i never grew when i was a young kid...was so petite. hahaha not anymore

1 - 19 of 19 Posts