Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is something i should have asked the breeder but wiht all the excitment i forgot :oops:

I see all the time people saying F1 Labradoodle, F1B Labradoodle, so can anybody identify what Molly is?!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What a cutie!!!
Molly looks like an F1, half poodle & half lab. Occasionally you will get a couple pups in an F1B litter(3/4 poodle, 1/4 lab) that look like an F1.
I am going to have to say F1 :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH MOLLY is soooooo cute !!!

and i'd say a F1 Labradoodle
meaning 1st cross generation to make it simple
which is a 50/50 mix---> a lab bred to a poodle.

and yes Luckyme at times f1b litters may have one or two that look like a f1 more of a straighter hair coat.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hard to say, my Samantha is a F2, both parents were F1s, and she looks alot like your dog.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
SWEET FACE!!! She's sits like a Doodle :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! ill go with F1

she is 15 weeks old, growing bigger,stronger and more outgoing by the day :lol:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Cracker9ball,
F2(F1B) is an F1 bred to a standard poodle......I forget what F1 X F1 is called. I bet there were a few dogs in that litter that looked like pure Lab.
There was a thread awhile back on this.....

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Well, Molly is a doll baby!
I'd say F1 but I have had F1Bs with this type of coat too.

Actually, and F1B is an F1B, not an F2. You only go up a number when you are not breeding back to a parent breed. So F1 X F1 is an F2 or F1B X F1 would be an F2.

Not that it matters much...really.

I would suggest that you do ask your breeder though...stay in touch with them, if you can...it is so rewarding for breeders to hear about how their pups are doing. I know that they would be happy to answer your questions about Molly's generation.

·
Registered
235 Posts
MaxandMe said:
F1 = 50% Labrador and 50% Poodle - This is Lab to poodle cross, this is first generation, resulting in healthier offspring! Hair type can be smooth like a Lab, wirey look like a Irish wolfhound or Wavy/shaggy, they can shed or not shed, pups in the same litter can vary. This is not the best cross for people with severe allergies.

F1-B = 25% Labrador Retriever and 75% Poodle (F1 Labradoodle and Poodle cross) - This is Labradoodle bred back to Poodle, Wavy Curly shaggy look doodle very consistent in coat types. F1B is the MOST likely of any to be non shedding and Allergy friendly then ANY doodles and is the easiest coat to take care of.

F2 = F1 Labradoodle and F1 Labradoodle cross - this combination you get the same percentage of Lab Poodle mix as you would an F1 Labradoodle so they are more likely to shed.

F3 = F2 Labradoodle and F2 Labradoodle cross

Multi-generation = F3 or higher generation Labradoodle and F3 or higher generation Labradoodle cross - This is what the Australian Labradoodles usually are

·
Registered
593 Posts
cracker9ball said:
MaxandMe said:
F1 = 50% Labrador and 50% Poodle - This is Lab to poodle cross, this is first generation, resulting in healthier offspring! Hair type can be smooth like a Lab, wirey look like a Irish wolfhound or Wavy/shaggy, they can shed or not shed, pups in the same litter can vary. This is not the best cross for people with severe allergies.

F1-B = 25% Labrador Retriever and 75% Poodle (F1 Labradoodle and Poodle cross) - This is Labradoodle bred back to Poodle, Wavy Curly shaggy look doodle very consistent in coat types. F1B is the MOST likely of any to be non shedding and Allergy friendly then ANY doodles and is the easiest coat to take care of.

F2 = F1 Labradoodle and F1 Labradoodle cross - this combination you get the same percentage of Lab Poodle mix as you would an F1 Labradoodle so they are more likely to shed.

Multi-generation = F3 or higher generation Labradoodle and F3 or higher generation Labradoodle cross - This is what the Australian Labradoodles usually are
Oh wow... Sam we figure is an F1 because he definitely is more lab than most of your doodles. What made me say wow was the fact that the vet was saying how Sam must be a mutt with Irish Wolfhound in him and not a Doodle...

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Clarification on the generations...I think I am correct, but they keep changing the "score card" so I could be mistaken...
The generation only goes up one from the LOWEST generation...so if you are breeding an F1 to a multigen...you get an F2.
If you are breeding an F2 to and F1B you get an F2 (because F1B is the lowest and you go up one generation, the parent breed doesn't count to bring the generation up so...you are just one above an F1.)
Am I making this clear as mud? LOL

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I get so lost sometime with F1 and F1b and so on. But thanks for the list that helped me.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what's funny.......when i take Max to public places to train him

1. he's black,26in tall, 80lbs and has the scruffy LD look
soooooooo people stare at him and eyeball him hahhaaa not sure if they want to approach him at first

2. the next question lately is : IS HE an irish wolfhound or mixed with one? hahhaaaa

SO i can see the confusion at times but knowing people that have irishwolfhounds personally i do not see a similarity.

all 3 doodles are F1's in this pic......Max is the Black one and a LD
the other 2 are f1 GD's

1 - 20 of 24 Posts