Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your house have "triggers" or just totally spontaneous doodle 500's? Here at our house it occurs once a day and is hilarious. Our trigger is Kevin taking a shower. Since puppyhoood, Dexter was afraid of the shower curtain. Then it turned from fear to play. Now every time he sees Kevin get undressed, the fun begins. He gets all geared up, and as soon as Kevin steps behind the curtain, he starts peeking his head out and making funny squeeky "gotcha" noises at Dex. Then it's clear out of the way cause the 70 lb. crazy dog is on the loose. He runs from the bathroom to the kitchen for a lap, then into the living room and up into his chair, then down the hall to the veranda, then down the stairs, ka-thump ka-thump ka-thump, then back up, and into the bathroom to poke his head into the shower and blow dad a doggy raspberry before it all starts again.

He doesn't do it to me, cause I'm a bathtub kinda girl. He just sits by the tub wondering why I don't close the curtain and play with him.

Tell me about your doodle 500's!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
MOST Times a doodle 500 run is spontaneous but there are a few triggers

1. Peanut and Max do the "Stare down" and whoever breaks eye contact or flinches and eyelash starts the run.

2. MY 15yr old son starts running as fast as he can circling thru every room :roll: sooooo of course Max and peanut have to play "follow the leader"

3. late night walks, Max and Peanut race around a 26ft wide white spruce till they either wipe out or collapse hhahahaaaaaaaaaa

4. after they get a bath together, OMG Doodle 500 runs erupt within being set free from towel drying.

5. If I don't close the bedroom door while taking a bath. they LOVE to do doodle runs using my king sized bed as an agility training aid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is to my dismay that Rowdie has never had a Doodle 500.... Which kind of makes me sad :( The only time he actually runs a massive amount is when he is on playdates and they run and run and run around the pool. But, i do i do i do love my pup.

G

·
Maya hasn't done them in the house yet. But outside if we are playing with a toy and I lounge toward her off she goes around the yard. It is the funniest thing to watch cause she is still a puppy and very clumsy. Yipes out during turns, runs into the grill (yeah I know I try to stop her), somesault once or twice.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
hahaha poor maya!!!! well at least you don't have to yell at her for trying to lick up the grease on the ground from the grill! (Rowdie!). Well, now that i think about it, maybe you could consider Rowdie bolting into the grass after a bath outside and running his nose into the ground while rolling over-a doodle 500?? lol. what a run on sentence! hah

~Joanie, Lauren, & Rowdie

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yes, the somersaults are very entertaining. Sometimes Cali does them for no apparent reason. We all look at her and wonder what got her going. She's almost too big to do them in the house anymore, it's like having a horse galloping pell mell around and around. She'll do them outside after getting wet in the wading pool or from the hose. :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
here y'all talk about doodle 500 runs.
So a short while ago i take peanut out to go potty

and WHOOSH she goes that way ----------> at 100mph
whoosh back she comes this way <---------------------------
then does a O whoosh and on and on
finally i go :roll: okay bye bye peanut and in mid run she stops
and poops hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

maybe it's one of those things where you had to be there but to see this little porker of mine Peanut running so fast she was a blur and then go finally!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle will give that look and if you clap your hands for stomp a foot, she is gone racing the circle then other times she just does it coz she's in the mood I guess.
When DH is getting dressed in mornign - puting on shoes and socks sets her off , not ona 500, but trying yabbering away at him and nudging for attention - NON stop lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sandy's kong sets him off... :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sometimes it's spontaneous ... she'll jump a foot in the aire and take off.
Other times ... One of us packing a bag for travel ... right after we finish dinner (I think she's letting us know that she behaved while we ate and now .... faggedah 'bout it!) .... newspaper stealing (new trick :evil: ) or whenever she has something she sholudn't! :shock:

·
Registered
57 Posts
usually its our miniature shnauzer, lily, but sometimes it's me :D

when It's lily, however, clumsy Coco starts chasing her, but is now considerably bigger than she is. Usually, she'll start running into chairs, she'll wipe out on the turns, and has a tendency to fall a lot. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think it's air molecules that set Dexter off. Or the sun shining. Or the sight of a floor. Or the rotation of the earth. Or...or....or.....

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
The need to poop.....he likes to do 500 around and around the yard then screaches to a stop to poop :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hhhahaaaaaaaaaaa HIGH 5 Vanessa!!! gooooooood one!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
HeeHeeHeeHeeHeeHeeHeeHee! Vanessa ... absolutely Post of the Day! It's perfect!

For those of you whose doodles aren't 500ing ... wait ... just wait ... it will happen!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Nothing in particular sets raleigh off, but when it 'hits', he zooms around like he has a bee up his behind!!!! :shock: Hahahahahahaha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts