Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we recently adopted a 2 yo doodle from a family who no longer had time to handle her energy and a baby. Poor girl had been banished to the backyard for most of the Montana winter. She came to us desperate for love and attention, and she is not getting any shortages! We love her and she transitioned into our family very easily. She is now very close with our other dog (they are a month apart in age!). Recently, she has been getting into trouble while we are at work by chewing random things. We have proofed our place as best as possible and leave a stuffed kong for them, lots of toys, bones, and hooves to chew on yet she still finds inappropriate things. I just dont want her to ingest anything harmful!

We have taken her running, walking, swimming but I cant seem to get her to that point where I can say "the tired dog is the good dog". Does anyone have any suggestions on how to wear her down or keep her from chewing?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would suggest "training" her not to chew by observing her and correcting her when she chews something she shouldn't. I use a water spray bottle and a very stern "NO". A squirt and a NO (several, actually) go a long way in correcting behavior in dogs. And treats. Lots of treats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts