Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you see what I see??????

Having trouble? I'll zoom in:

There's one little RED LEAF up there!! The leaves are turning. I know it's about time that they do, but seeing this jarred me for some reason. Time is flying, kids!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Even with the leaves to rake....I love fall. Last year was so much fun with Jonah and the leaf blower....should be double the fun this year!! :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Autumn is absolutely my favorite time of year.
Crisp air and cuddle up doodle, cats and hubby to all
keep warm in the night.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Beautiful!
Kristen, go to the vineyards, they have their own kind of beauty when leaves change...and wait until mid winter when everything turns green and flowers bloom in January and February! It is remarkable...then there is the mustard weed...a stunning, bright yellow flower planted between rows of dark grape vines...the fog, the sun...well, it is heavenly beautiful in this part of the world!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Our sassafras trees and the sour gum have been turning for awhile now in southern NJ. Since we both worked in schools it always meant the end of summer vacation to us, and we dreaded those signs. Even now, we're sorry to see summer slipping away and the days getting shorter. Fall is gorgeous but it ushers in winter, which isn't much fun around here - just cold.

We have a biologist friend who says that those single red leaves are the tree's way of signalling to the birds that there's fruit and that it's time for them to gather it before they migrate south.

Leslie

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I love fall !

i will be soo glad to have cooler weather and that gorgeous deep blue fall sky.

Dont know if we will have much color this year, been so hot and dry that some of the leaves are falling off the trees, they are so parched :(

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I love winter at Eagle Lake! It's cold--very cold--but a dry cold that dogs and people don't mind walking in. All of the tourists leave the lake for the winter (never thought I'd say that as I once was one of them!) and it is soooo quiet. Except, that is, for millions of birds singing winter's song. And everything comes out of hiding. The bald eagles sit on the frozen-over lake to munch on coots when their appetite strikes them. (Well, nature isn't always friendly, but it is nature's way.) And the coyotes scurry across the ice to pick up whatever the eagles leave them. My neighbor's favorite fox-to-feed isn't quite as wary, and occasionally a bobcat will get bold enough to cross into the little town area. It is a time we are priveledged to share with the wildlife! Love it!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Here in Wisconsin the only sign we've seen yet of fall approaching are groups of canadian geese flying in formation overhead. We've seen 4 so far and each time they were heading south. I'm hoping they don't know something we don't, 'cause it's far too early for that yet!

I too love autumn. I have too much nordic blood in my veins to be able to truly enjoy summer... anything over 76 degrees is just plain uncomfortable to me. It's supposed to get down to 46 degrees tonight, so that means GOOD sleeping temps!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Still hot and humid here in the Houston area. Yuck! Being a former New Englander, I really miss fall with the cool, crisp weather and gorgeous foliage. Please post more autumn colors as they develop. :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
FALL i s my favorite season!!!

and since i am down to taking care of 800 trees at work ....some have started to change color. The other day I had to spend 8 hours pruning them again and wow to stand under a canopy of leaves with differring colors and look up was neat :D
OH about 80% of these trees are 12 to 20ft tall, yes they are BIG. But when i am not designing , doing wholesale consulting etc...i am all alone in a peaceful world (no phones, no questions unless i get paged) just enjoying nature.

here the Red and Sugar Maples turn color 1st, then viburnums, dogwoods, lilac trees, sweet gum, locust,...Oaks and norway maples towards the end and Dawn Redwoods being last.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Fall is also my favorite time of year and here in Kansas we can enjoy all 4 seasons. Beautiful pictures :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I LOVE russian sage and NOW there is dwarf variety that is great for landscaping in smaller spots :D great pics! OH, and Dakota looks great too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts