Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Most f1 GD's are lower to more nonshedding than f1 LD's

GD's: at 6mos just one day start to play fetch, get it, bring it back, and either hold it so gently or drop it at your feet...Meaning I never taught Peanut and Beau to DROP IT, they just did

also they have a goofy side to them where they love to slide to the floor at times rather than SIT and lie at your feet quietly
GD"S are as smart as LD's but sometimes act dumb and when you're least expecting do things you thought they weren't learning hahhaaa

GD;s seem to have periods where they want quiet alone time for say 10min a few times a day.

OH biggie: they may seem to shadow the ALPHA HUMAN BUT they BOND to everyone in the house equally. so it's hard to say if anyone is their favorite human 24/7

max my f1 LD is the biggest mamma's boy, shadows me 24/7 and if MOM ain't going neither is Max. He's bonded well with Dave and son but wants his mommie too.

Peanut........she'd travel the world without me :wink: hahhaaaaaa
she also calmed right down at 11mos old, is my gardening buddy now
where max prefers to try to wander if you aren't keeping tabs on him

lastly some Gd's stay puppish longer but like i said they also go KERPLOP lazily hanging out at night while you watch a movie
BUT can also tease other doodles into doodle 500 runs but GD's put their head down low and tend to weave alot making it hard for Max and other doodles to get a toy from her

Max trains on first time...Peanut learns from watching us, some days she'll do it and other days gives me soulful sweet look that i can't resist and give her the treat anyway hahhaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info - that's truly first hand stuff that you could not get anywhere else.

We're pretty much expecting a Labradoodle pup here soon, but have received some feedback that's rather taken our breath away :cry:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
IN all honesty, Max is my baby and i love him dearly
HE has been one of the easiest dogs to raise in my whole life
he sheds minimally , doesn't bother our allergies, is a f1 LD

Peanut who was ricochet rabbit as a puppy and took MONTHS to potty train is and always will be my princess and sweet but goofy little girl

i'd say with small kids GD's are instinctually good with them

BUT WHETHER It's a LD OR GD......both need training to be that good
and lots of love and praise too

can't wait to see your puppy............don't let others scare you , rather ask many questions of your breeder and if possible ask about the parents too

TEMPERMENT is utmost on picking out a puppy
get the one that YOU think suits you and your lifestyle

I got the more submissive yet a tad mischievious ones hahaha

THEY're both GREAT.......Beau is a GD too

are you getting your puppy via the web/online or you have a breeder near you?

G

·
You will absolutely fall in love with this breed and your puppy! No worries! Bella was a rescue as a puppy (from a puppy mill, I believe) and she has been wonderful. You are getting a puppy from a breeder who has carefully evaluated the parents and chosen to breed them for their great qualities. So, if a puppy mill doodle has great qualities, just imagine what your puppy is going to be! Wonderful, loving, smart, and fun! ...Those naysayers are just jealous! :lol:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
All I can add is that....regardless of breed....
a puppy is a puppy is a puppy!
I have sat and cried in the back yard over my F1B Labradoodle who at the time was about 2-3 months old and a big nipper.....She just wouldn't stop it! Though she wasn't being mean, it did hurt and I was tired of all the pant legs and the shirt tails that were ripped with those razor sharp puppy teeth......BUT, it passed!! All of a sudden that annoying behaviour was gone!! (Not without training her, with patience and praise and yes, with firmness, too....but one day she was over it!)
I'd say don't worry about anyone's misgivings....or troubles....this breed is the best we have ever had and the easiest to train!!
We have had, shelties, schnauzers (mini and standard), Irish Setters,
shepherds, an afghan and cocker spaniel. Labradoodles are the BEST!
You will be so blessed with your new pup!!
8)
PS the second doodle never nipped, she's a licker....and a totally different personality than the first....she is easier, too....I think because the first one is so smart, she is thinking, thinking, thinking about whether to mind, or not.....Abby minds without question! Coco minds, but not always immediately!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LovinLIFE...........who'd know in just a little over a week you'd find
a 3yr Goldendoodle gal in need of a home!!

Congrats! (and thank you TOO)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts