Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my doods are shedding like mad. It's George and Gracie who are now 7 months old. They just had their neuter/spay surgery last week. They have not had noticeable shedding until now. Every morning I sweep around their crate and I've been sweeping up an unbelievable amount of hair. I'd say enough fluff to fill a lunch bag. I'm wondering if this is what is meant by "blowing the puppy coat?" If not, could it be stress from the surgery? We're not too worried about allergies or shedding, really, but the change is so dramatic....I wonder.

Thanks for any information you can help me with. Jac, I saw your two available little girls - What sweeties! But I've got to get these guys grown up a bit now. I must say, though , they made me think....!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Lisa, I would say they are probably blowing their puppy coats. This is the age they usually start and it could last a couple of months so just hang in there :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ah, the exact topic I was looking for....Alice is almost nine months old and she has been shedding profusely for the last month or so!! A few months ago, you could brush up against her in black pants and nothing would show up! (she's cream-colored) Now it's everywhere! My question is, do they "blow their puppy coats" even if they are non-shedders? Do you really know if they are going to be shedders only after they "blow" their puppy coats? Is that still a possibility? Or does this tell you that they will be shedders? Just such a difference from a few months ago....

Thanks!

JAN
Woodland Hills, CA 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts