·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definition of a doodle:
Labradoodle ---cross between a labrador retriever and ususally std poodle
Goldendoodle---cross between a golden retriever and std poodle

What is a "DOODLE"? as a mother of 2 let me tell you:
Some breeders tell new parents of doodles that they'll be 21-24in tall and about 50-55lbs and will be non-shedding.
Reality: these dogs can grow up to 29in tall, 55-95lbs , and shed a bit. There has been reports of some having been called horsadoodles, being ridden at birthday parties. Some families report multiple doodles create a 3 ring circus and no longer need to go see wild animals either.

Traits: ususally eager (aka hyper), happy, loving(wet bearded kiss fall into this category), easily trained ( to shred paper and socks), play with toys ( that die quick deaths) love to be around people( sometimes on your lap).

Quirks: click teeth when happy or answering back, run around like an indy 500 race, jump straight up in the air and turn 360 degrees (their body not their heads) and land on their feet like a cat. They don't walk, they prance like a pony, know just when to use the eyes to make you feel guilty, happily bring their food bowl to you at meal time, can sail thru the air sideways being airborne for at least 4 or more seconds, steals socks every chance they get and sort them for you, can help you find toilet paper that was missing leaving behind a hansel and gretel trail, and the list of intelligence is continuous.

Life expectancy: 15 years with doodle parents/families that have a sense of humor at all times.

Known problems: have been known to have sensitive tummies in order to get home cooked meals just like grandma used to make

Signs of being a doodleaholic:
1. Letting your doodle sleep in bed between you and your spouse
2. Spending at least one paycheck every 6 weeks for toys
3. Getting a part time job to cover the cost of replacing shredded, beheaded, torn and/or swallowed toys. 80% must have squeakers inside them
4. Talking about your dog and NOT your kids
5. Getting 2 doodles...not a requirement but usually happens to severe addicts
6. Wanting pics of everyone else's doodles in addition to your own
7. Not having coffee 1st thing in the morning as your doodle's needs come first
8. Grooming your doodle more than yourself
9. Feeding your doodle better than yourself and/or human family members
10. Hiring sitters to play and exercise your doodle instead of your kids
11. Knowing there is no known cure and openly declaring your addiction to others proudly.
12. Stalking others in public places that have a dog that even slightly resembles a doodle.
13. Sometimes buying a bigger house with a larger yard for your doodles.
14. Lastly, typing something like this :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Annmarie:
I love it, I told you you were good at this :wink: :wink: :wink:
I just found this on the net.
This puppy is Denver's full sister from a new litter.
I am sure someone has taken her BUT I sent my breeder an e-mail
just to see if she has a home yet. Do not read anything into this Annmarie, I just want to know if Denver's sister got a home.
http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs- ... dZ10168091

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO pleading the 5th SUE!!!!! i hear you inner voice wanting Dexter's sister
And she is sooooooooooooo cute!!! looks like his twin if you ask me :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ok Gene & Annmarie
I do not even know if she is still available as I have not heard back from my breeder. If I do end up with a second Doodle I am hereby blaming both of you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SUE I accept total blame for making you admit you are severely addictas mentioned above by Line #5 in Doodleaholic definition

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
That's right! How could I forget you live in a cathouse! :oops: Those are some videos I would love to see! Seeing Jonah with those cats at the rescue house yesterday was fun. He chewed through his leash he was so excited. They loved him, swishing through his legs! :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
1. Letting your doodle sleep in bed between you and your spouse
Whose Doodle does this?????
Denver takes the whole bottom of our bed along with our legs and whatever else is in his way. I wish he would sleep in between :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SUE you are incorrigible!!! your mom must have had her hands full when you were a kid hahahhahaha

Max used to sleep inbetween then goes to bottom of bed on his blankie
but every so often like last night was in popular doodle pose, dreaming and clicking his teeth in his sleep while Dave and I were reading!!!

he later moved as when i woke up he was at the end of our bed

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh sue....did i tell you i was holding 2 weeks doodle babies the other night.
and one is gorgeous and unique has a white streak starting at head and going 2/3 down her back and sliver paws

NO i am not getting a 3rd one....just letting YOU know too is enough and I HAVE self-control and stop at 2.

for the 1st time tonight...we put max in his crate for night night and peanut in hers! we want sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and NO accidents!! from either one!! :roll:

like i said LIFE expectancy is 15yrs for doodles with parents that have a sense of humor!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
blueteal said:
NO i am not getting a 3rd one....just letting YOU know too is enough and I HAVE self-control and stop at 2.
Bahahahahahah
Gene: Do you believe her????
I don't know....do you think it was a freudian slip that she misspelled two?? :wink: Bring on Cashew III!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok GENE knock it off!! right now young man!!! you and sue are something else.......and i lov it!! hahahahhaa

And yes even though she's sooooo cute I don't want a 3rd as Peanut makes up for 2 puppies with her energy, mischievious ways, climbing and explorations independece along with houdini abilities. I KNOW when i am already in over my head!!! and right now i am still treading water hahhaha

know what? yesterday we decided to give her tiny pieces of dog treats when she went potty outside. reponded immediately.
then we said ok we'll give her treat when we bring her inside as she caught on too quickly

this morning she pees ONCE , looks for treat, then FAKED peeing 4 more times!!! :shock: she got her treat once INSIDE

OK DAVE read my post last night hahhaha and said whoever wrote that nailed it right on the head
HE didn't know i wrote it hahahahahhahhaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jac said:
Very cute, Ann Marie...you have quite a talent for expression!
thanks Jac...but i don't think it's a talent RATHER its how i see things in my life at times. So I take it as an HONEST way of making myself laugh and destress. and hopefully giving someone else a good laugh too!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts