Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is my question, first to Annmarie....
then to all who know!!

What do I need to be warned about
for the 6 month old stage???

Any topics about looks, behaviour,
growth, attitudes.....first heat happens when?
that take place starting at this age are
welcome tidbits of info for me and anyone else curious.....
Do I need a seatbelt??? Or a valium?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
hahahaha....BOTH!!!!!! :shock: Just take a gander at the postings today for Raleigh, and you'll see what you're in for! Gotta LOVE em!!!!! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i say you have 2 choices....YOU take the valium or GIVE it to your doodle hahhahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa your choice :D :D :D

last choice: we trade doodles...you take peanut for 1 week and i'll take coco :wink: oh wait you gotta take MAX TOO :shock:

·
Registered
980 Posts
At the turn of 7 mos, like clockwork, I went from having the sweetest, best behaved, most darling little curly angel, to HELLADOODLE! I've raised lots of baby labs, and it seems as if the first 6 mos. were poodle mos., now he's graduating to lab. The good news is they outgrow it. The bad news is it can take up to two years. I'm purchasing a gentle leader next trip to Petsmart. I've said it many times but I mean business. He's so crazy about people, he nearly bowled over my disabled neighbor the other day before I could coral him. His exhuberance for life is boundless, to put it lightly.

I love him dearly, but am considering sending him off to a Tibetan monestary for the next year or so :shock: :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LYNN ...i am not trying to scare you however there are some things ONE has to experience rather than be told as this is your initiation stage to becoming a full fledged doodle parent now begins hahhahahaa This is how you will over the next 6 mos earn your stripes and can do the "been there done that" laughter when other new people come to this forum with pleading requests on how to deal with their cute tazmanian doodle.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:
the sweet little cute adorable well mannered doodle you have may just act like a 13yr old soon: they put their paws over their ears so they can only hear muffled commands/requests you make, they now have adult chompers growing in that need to be used a bit, sock stealing is a new adventure with new twists on how to steal them, and they begin to use the SMARTS fooling you every chance they can with the cute sad soulful puppy doodleness eyes they have. Other than that they are complete angels :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lynn,

Keep a bottle of GOOD Scotch handy and keep reminding yourself that in 12-18 months you will have a wonderful, sweet and adoring doodle!

Jim, Honey & Chewbacca

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Coco's puppy class.....they recommended the prong collar
for working on heeling.....I hate the look of one....
but know that they aren't as awful as they appear.
I have heard of folks still struggling with the pulling issue
using a Gentle Leader harness type....
so I went straight for the juggler!!

We just got back from a long walk with the prong on....
MIRACLES NEVER CEASE!!!

Coco was heeling the whole time with
very few corrections and she sat when I stopped
....she was so good!!!!! :lol: :shock: :lol:

My treat bag is empty, too!!!

For my 6 month old, ~13 year old~....she is being so compliant.

I know, I know,......... just wait a few minutes, right? :? :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
jane...i love enthusism, positive thinking and people with 1 doodle that eventually will end up with two hahhahahhahaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can I not end up with two???

Don't tell my husband...."if it eats and poops and
doesn't make a living,.......... he has plenty!!"
He'll get over it!! shhhhhhhh

8) Don't know why i post the smiley with sunglasses;
haven't seen the sun for more than 3 minutes a day~
in I don't know how long!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts