Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Those little critters just know how to make our doodles crazy! Great sequence of pictures Gene. Unbelievable the intensity. Thanks for my morning chuckle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hah!!!!! Jonah and Miko......you'll NEVER catch that darn squirrel!!!Raleigh has the collar for the invisible fence on here in NH, and goes crazy with the chipmunks!!!!! I'm so proud of him tho, because when Chippie...(as I call him) runs past the flag boundary, Raleigh comes to a screeching halt!!! We have a huge pile of brush out back that we're waiting to burn (after we get some decent rain that is..) and yesterday the cousin to your red squirrel took up residence or used it as a hiding place from Raleigh. :shock: :shock: ..hahaha...he goes in one end and comes out the other, with Raleigh none the wiser on the other side....who waits a bit, gets bored and gives up the chase!!! :roll:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks like Chester and Archie when a bunny comes hopping by...I think the bunnies are intentionally taunting them. The VERY BEST PART is when my husband or daughter go out and chase the bunnies. They do it so Chester and Archie don't but I think its making Chester and Archie jealous.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahahaha...first of all, Jonah could be my Bayley! Looks just like her!!! And she is like that with squirrels too, she is a great huntress...doesn't move a muscle until the chase is on, then she is so quick it is amazing. She loves looking for squirrels in our yard, but they are only in the highest trees, jumping from limb to limb until they get out...drives her mad!
I can just hear Jonah now, "Daaad! That squirrel is swishing his tail at me! You gotta let me out!!! I have a reputation, you know."

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
seazr said:
Ahhh haaa!! The ol' batting of the fluffy tail routine!!!!
It's like the squirrel is teasing them hahahahaaa
GENE just wear a pair of earmuffs to drown out the barking hahahhaa!!

and if you're afraid of flying squirrels then wear one of these then

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sandy is useless in the art of squirrel chasing - He bolts after them the minute he spots one and it runs to the nearest tree and screeches at him. I have NEVER heard a squirrel hiss/scream before Sandy came to live with us!!

Maybe Jonah and Miko should give him some lessons in the art of the hunt?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I recognize that intense stare. Cali's got that down pat when she sits at the back door watching the squirrels at the bird feeder. Don't let Miko clue her in on the barking. So far she sits quietly.....

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before I went out with the camera the squirrel was chattering as loud as Miko was barking! Jonah's the silent..."I'll just wait til he gets closer" kind of dog.

Here he is just after another squirrel left my other neighbor's fence...BTW, that's a 4.5' fence if you want Jonah size prospective!!

Jac wrote:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:44 am Post subject:
hahahahaha...first of all, Jonah could be my Bayley! Looks just like her!!!
That's the best compliment Jonah could get!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My cats are very fascinated with squirrells and will
watch for hours. We have an enclosed summer porch that the cats
can enjoy the great outdoors without actually being in the great outdoors, much safer that way. Anyway Denver could care less, about squirrells until the squirrells start yaking at any of the cats, then Denver wants them bad. They can and do yell at Denver
when he is in the yard and no response from him until it is
directed at one of the cats, he is so protective of all the cats
without being prey driven toward the squirrell, very interesting to watch.
When friends come over with their dogs, Denver will get in the other dog's face if they do not respect the cats. Keep in mind that Denver still gets smacked daily by at least 4 of these cats, so I am really in awe of my household sometimes and how it all works. I do not know that I would be as loyal to the cats as Denver is since they do treat him as nicely.
Animals, are truly amazing and I could watch forever!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
BTW, that's a 4.5' fence if you want Jonah size prospective!!
Bwahahaha...so in essence what you are saying is that Jonah is as tall as I am!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 5ft!!!!!! (actually 5'1")

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Bwahahaha...so in essence what you are saying is that Jonah is as tall as I am!!! 5ft!!!!!! (actually 5'1")
haha...i have to measure Dex when he's standing all the way upright...i bet he's at least 5 ft tall!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts