Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
won't have to be surgically removed?

I'm ready to kill him for it - he swiped yet another one off the bathroom counter and swallowed it as soon as I made the mistake of screaming at him to drop it. Which has been a common theme lately - he's being such a disobedient $#@! lately. I'm hoping that since they are paper it will disintegrate.... fortunately it had both the soft ends still attached. I stuck my hand down his throat to try to capture it, but no luck.

GRRRRR and on Thanksgiving no less!

·
Registered
33 Posts
One of my doodles is a trash can thief and has eaten probably a couple dozen by now with no problem. I'm not advocating allowing them as a treat but I don't worry at all when I see her racing out of the bathroom with one end sticking out of her mouth.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Oh man I feel for ya Kristin.....

I have no answers, time to call the vet I guess... :roll: Keep us posted. I won't show this thread to Dexter, I don't want him getting any ideas....

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Annie and the Dood Crew....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, I bet things will come out alright! Coco has tried q-tips with no problem.....they get softened and seem to be no worse than other cardboard pieces she has consumed....as long as she wasn't gagging and having trouble after swallowing it, I think it will be fine.

Lynn, I absolutely LOVE Dexter's avatar.....did you have something special done on his face grooming wise? Around his eyes and the bridge of his nose??? He sure looks great!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!

8)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Hi Kristin,

I wouldn't be too worried (especially if you think it's just one). They are soft and I bet it is small enough to go right through his system. Certainly call your vet if you are concerned.

We are a little afraid that Dexter ate a chapstick last night...my husband had it in his pocket and found Dex going through his pockets and now it's gone...of course my husband also thought Dex ate his wedding ring several months ago (an x ray proved that one to be wrong).

Good luck!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
In humans they often say that if it makes it to the stomach it will make it through the intestines. I'm sure it will soften up and pass too. What a worry though!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reassurance everyone! Have I mentioned that Sandy is being a complete BRAT today?? Guess we'll be going for a loooong walk before dinner tonight!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kristin i think if Bounty Paper towels pass thru the rear end of Max at least once a week ususally WITHOUT assistance, well that Q-tip should too? hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

I love the part where you said" i was SCREAMING to drop it" hhahaha
too funny cuase that's when they take off running hoping for the BIG CHASE hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa
sorry but i can't stop laughing, wait till Sandy SHARES with MOLLY and it's like a relay race.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
too funny cuase that's when they take off running hoping for the BIG CHASE hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa
haha...let me tell you I have tried "drop it" with Dexter in all different voice tones...I've said it very quietly and calmly, I've said it quiet, but stern, I've said it in a moderate tone, I've said it loud and I've screamed "DROP IT!!!!!!" In all tones, he tries to get us to chase him :shock:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
haha...let me tell you I have tried "drop it" with Dexter in all different voice tones...I've said it very quietly and calmly, I've said it quiet, but stern, I've said it in a moderate tone, I've said it loud and I've screamed "DROP IT!!!!!!" In all tones, he tries to get us to chase him :shock:
LOL I'd love to see videos !

hope Sandy is ok, did he chill out at all?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I agree...probably not a problem, BUT I would watch and make sure nothing changes...you know, potty or eating habits. I think that, since the Q-tip is made of paper, it should be okay, still, if it goes down wrong, something could happen so just keep a close eye on things for a few days. A phone call to the vet for reassurance might be in order too.
Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts