Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say a doodle will be 50-60 lbs at adult weight.
At what age do they hit their adult weight and stop growing in pounds.
Ours is about 8 months old and I was just wondering if she is about done growing or if they keep growing up to about a year or what age.

Just curious.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
So far, Jonah has stabilized at @72# since 1yo. At almost 14 months, he's holding steady. Miko at 9mos is 45#, seems to be getting a little taller,. but not heavier. Don't know if that answered your question, or made you more confused.... :wink:

·
Registered
260 Posts
let me just preface this by saying, i am a total nerd.

i kept track of kumo's weight as he was growing, and plotted it on a graph. the x axis shows the dates when he was weighed, and the y axis is weight in pounds:

he was born on feb 20, 2006, and it looks like he was pretty close to his adult weight by december which would be 9-10 months. he's now 15 months, and has leveled off around 71 pounds.

-em

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:O)

Yes i would say right at 8mths old there abouts they are pretty much finished gaining, she is likly going to stay right about where she is now

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ok Max now weighs between 65lbs and is 11mos old , he does appear to be filling out a bit and should only put on maybe 10lbs more at the most.

I find that Max slowed down a bit in weight gain in his 6ths mos till end of 7mos and grew more in height then. AT 8mos to 9mos he had a growth spurt both in weight and height and holding steady since then for the most part.

Now Peanut seems to be doing the same...she just hit 6mos old and seems to have slowed down in weight gain for now and growing a tad in height.

G

·
emilee,
that is so cool! let's see i think we all confessed to being number nerds when we were trying to figure out kilocalories per cup of dog food per bag of dog food per day (remember Annmarie? :lol: )
Anyway the growth chart for doodles actually has them not reaching full weight until 28 months! And for height at 18 months. Not sure i agree, but if true the gains after 1 year look small.
http://www.goldendoodles.com/Health/growth_chart.htm

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
and Linda ...if max doesn't hit 70lbs by 1year old, do i win the bet still? :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I, Annmarie, a complete doodleaholic, do solemnly swear that i will NOT shave nor strave Max, my labradoodle, in order to win the #70 bet made with wisegal Linda. I also will weigh max in after june 26, 2007 as he will be a year old then.

Linda---does that soothe you in any way? hahhahaa

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Annmarie,

I certainly hope you do not "strave" Max; never-ever!!!
Ha! :lol:

Coco seems to be slowly down some...though every time someone comes by, they comment on how big she is getting! I don't see it, but will have the vet weigh her soon. She certainly isn't anywhere near as big as a puppy-classmate....a St. Bernard!! I thought she was big until she stood next to him!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts