Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 19th I took this picture of my apricot pup... The sky was cloudy so his reddish tone really showed.

Yesterday (8 days later) I took this one

He hardly looks like the same dog!
I never realized that the doodle coat would grow this fast once it starts! The new longer hair is lighter in color, but the pictures taken on a sunny day shows it more extreme than it really is.

I just had to share since the difference amazes me.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
OMG he's a beauty, thanks for the puppy fix

I'm off to corral my pup off the couch and head to bed, she will move from one comfy piece of furniture to another, this one has her own pillow :wink:

Nite all !

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Cute little pup Tink!!!!! Almost looks like Maya! Love his coat! :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Tink! What a beautiful pup! They are really getting a nice doodle coat, aren't they? Besides, I love the sweet blocky faces...you did very well!
I know what you mean about coloring...every time I get a picture, I use a flash because I have black dogs in the pics and the colors for the cream or apricot dogs just don't show up. They all look white! Dang...they are such pretty colors, but it is so subtle that it is hard to see in the pictures.
Thanks for posting, I was wondering how your pack was doing!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jac, your opinion means more than you realize. :)

I get to start sending some home with their new owners tomorrow. Talk about mixed emotions! I look forward to less work and expense, but I've gotten so used to my doodle dozen greeting me that it's going to be a bit of a let down as well. I'm sure you can relate to that too!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oooh, Tink...it is soooooo hard! I cry every time!
But it is so much fun to see them with their new families and to get the updates...I always ask my new families to let me know how the first night and few days go...that helps a lot.
Still...I cry. I breathe a sigh of relief at the lower level of work and responsibility...but I find myself thinking and talking about them often.
You'll see...it will always be a mixed bag of emotions for you.
Keep an eye on mama doggie too...they know. And they hurt.
What I have found best is for you to deliver the puppy. It is so hard for the mother dog to have people come to their home and leave with a puppy. It is much easier when you take a few puppies with you and return with one less...the mother still knows, but it helps that you bring some back...
Good luck! (Now you see why we have so many dogs! We always keep one of the litters...for mama!)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Tink said:
I get to start sending some home with their new owners tomorrow. Talk about mixed emotions! I look forward to less work and expense, but I've gotten so used to my doodle dozen greeting me that it's going to be a bit of a let down as well. I'm sure you can relate to that too!
Tink, that's one of the reasons I could never get into breeding. I get so darned attached I'd end up the subject of an internet news story about a lady who had 84 dogs living in her house!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Tink, that's one of the reasons I could never get into breeding. I get so darned attached I'd end up the subject of an internet news story about a lady who had 84 dogs living in her house!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
look what happened to me hahhaha 3 doodles

i better stop help socializing my breeder's doodles :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts