Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And we are super excited! She's 4.5 months old right now and she should be ready for us in the next few weeks. We can't wait. Right now she's in "training" so she'll be sort of to mostly trained when she gets here.

Here's our new baby! She's a chocolate/apricot phantom.

CUTE!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm new here. And new to big dogs.:)

I don't know why that first pic is so big. Sorry!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
She is just beautiful, You are in for some very wonderful and silly times.
It is great having a Labradoodle, so enjoy and do not be afraid to ask anything . There are some truly wonderful people here.

G

·
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. Have you named her yet? And is that her paw in the second photo? It looks mighty big :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Linda said:
And is that her paw in the second photo? It looks mighty big :lol: :lol:
I think you will be looking at a big doodle! :wink: Welcome and congratulations! Say goodbye to your sanity and hello to a great way of life!! :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LMAO! I know her feet are huge! The breeder thinks that she'll be about 50 pounds. Luckily my husband and I aren't all that used to sanity!:lol We have 3 small children and we (well, the kids) are finally out of diapers (YAY! after 6 years), so it's puppy time! We are so excited about everyone growing up together.

I'm getting kind of scared!

G

·
50 pounds...snicker, snicker....Bwahahahahahahaha
Ummm sorry, couldn't help it :lol:
50 pounds! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask the breeder:
"No, REALLY, what do you think she will weigh?"....

Just teasing you, Steph! :lol: That paw sure looks big (maybe it's the camera angle :lol: )
Bella came from a small Lab Mom and a Mini Poodle Dad and she is 48 pounds at 10 months.
Is your puppy a mini?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's a medium standard. Oh no! What should we be expecting? The trainer last night said she thinks she weighs about 25 pounds. Are we going to have a Clifford sized dog and have to move away!? We'd be glad to do it.

So, from what you are saying, I'm guessing she'll be knocking over our 3 year old as soon as she gets here!

Is there any info on this board about training the people kids to stay standing up when a huge puppy doodle stands up on them? :p

:oops: You guys are starting to scare me!

G

·
Steph,
I was just teasing you (but that paw STILL looks huge :lol: ).
According to the growth chart the breeder is right, she should be 50% of her size now, so that puts her at 50 pounds fully grown.
Don't be scared! She looks adorable and these doodles are very smart. They really seem to know when they have to be gentle around children or older folks. She is going to be perfect and blend into your family seamlessly! With three young ones, you won't even notice one more! :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
StephR said:
We have 3 small children and we (well, the kids) are finally out of diapers (YAY! after 6 years), so it's puppy time!
Sorry, couldn't pass this up....How soon before the parents are out of diapers? :oops:

OH, and on the size thing....it's just more to love. When I talked to Jonah's breeders' son, he said Jonah would only be around 50#, he was 68.5#'s yesterday at almost 10 months....in 2 more days! When I talked to the breeder afterwards, she told me he (her son) is nuts! :lol: Don't let us scare you, we do like to kid a little here! ok, a lot!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Wow she's a beauty!!!! and love the paws too :D

Congrats!!! you'll love having a doodle and ooodles of laughter ahead!!!
StephR ...most puppies will knock over kids as they're babies themselves. You just have to train and moniter her...they get so happy and excited.

NOW how is you're getting a trained puppy...i am jealous!!! hahahhaa
we have puppy #2 coming in 2 weeks with NO training :cry:
StephR...tell the breeder to stop training her!!! you're missing out on tons of fun!!!

I am sooooooo happy for you and your family. Doodles bring families together with much love,hugs, kisses and comedy!

btw is she a F1B?

OH HIDE all YOUR SOCKS!!! hahahhahaaa

And stephR ...not all doodles are horseadoodles like Gene's Jonah the whale! :wink:
I think Annette also has a horseadoodle she rents out for pony rides.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I have one of those pony doodles as well.
At least my breeder told me to expect 80 lbs. LOL
Denver is 80 lbs now at 8 months so I guess he is done growing.Ha ha ha
Do not get scared StephR as Denver is a standard and we wanted a big doodle so we are not surprised.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
whoa!!!! Sue does he like western or english saddles better? AWESOME pic! Denver is gorgeous
MY breeder had said Max probably would not get taller than 24in high and 55lb-60lb...she's close he's 23.5in, 55bs at 7mos.

KNOW what --no Matter what size big or small they all give us something: LOVE!!! unconditional love!

StephR...they grow into their paws..poodle paws are more squarish and bigger looking with fur on them...shave them and then it's the 'where'd my BIG dog" go? :shock:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Is it the camera angle or does Denver really have giraffe legs? WOW when he fills out!

StephR, don't worry another 20, 30, 40 lbs over that 50---you won't notice a bit...

Actually we have Chester the horsedoodle and Archie the ponydoodle. I don't realize how big they are until I see them with someone elses dog.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Is it the camera angle or does Denver really have giraffe legs? WOW when he fills out!
Denver is 29inches tall and I too do not notice how tall he is until I see him around other dogs. People keep telling me to watch out when he fills out.
We will see.LOL

·
Registered
853 Posts
Congratulations. The puppy is gorgeous! I wouldn't worry too much about size. It's the personality and temperament that matters! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!
Beautiful dog!!! I think it is wonderful that you will have the advantage of her already being trained...wow, that is great!
Keep the training up...ask the trainer how they work with her and work with her every day. Have your children train her too.
And, just so you know, sometimes puppies think that children are their littermates so when the kids are on the floor, innocently watching television, the dog will start playing, sometimes roughly...so let your children know how to give commands and watch for that type of play.
Don't let your kids chase her or play tug of war games with her. Because even though it is cute when she is small, the pup will grow (I agree she has big feet! LOL...but I love big feet!) and then they could get knocked over and hurt by the games.
Enjoy your time...you will love having a Doodle!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! Yup, she's an F1b. I'm starting to wory that we are going to have a full size moose running around the house! I talk with the trainer almost every day and she is really impressed with the puppy's temperment, submissiveness (is that a word?), gentleness, and all around smartness and niceness. She said that she runs around like she's made of feathers.

We cant wait for her to come home!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I definitely think it's the camera angle that gives the dog such a big hoof --er, paw.

Enjoy! He's a cutie! He'll be perfect at whatever size. Just please make sure he obeys the kids, too, so he can't pull them off their feet with his leash. Best wishes for a long addiction to Doodledom.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!

If the trainer said she is calm, submissive, and smart... she will surely be a good fit for any family! No matter what her size! Just remember you must keep up with the training when she joins your family.

Just a word of caution from one mother to another... never leave small children unsupervised with a puppy.

Now enough preaching.

Welcome to the wonderful world of doodles, and let the fun begin!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ENJOY!

Maddie and Lexi

1 - 19 of 19 Posts