Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know that I have been searching for a long time...trying to find some land where my dogs can run and play and live like they are meant to live...it is not easy finding a place like that...especially in expensive California.

Well, tonight Dave and I "obtained the keys" to our ranch property...it is 26 acres with the most gorgeous meadows, rock outcroppings and oak trees you have ever seen! There is a 100+ year old barn AND a real, but sealed, gold mine! hahahaha It is in a small town north of Sacramento.

We are naming the ranch after our fathers...Dave's dad was called "Gabby" and my dad's name was Jack...so, in their honor, we are calling our place "The Gabby Jack Ranch".

It will take some time to get all of the fencing up and to build a proper place for my dogs, but it is an excellent start! We are so happy!

We will be moving this weekend, so you won't hear much from me. My computer will be in transit and I am not sure if the Gabby Jack Ranch is equipped with high speed internet access!

So, happy holidays to you all...I'll be in touch when I am able! YeeeHawww!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Heartfelt congratulations, Jac.....it sounds idyllic. Many years of health and happiness in the Gabby Jack Ranch............mazal!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Oh wow! How exciting........a dream come true!! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
(((jac))))) congrats honey!!!! can't wait to hear alllllll about it and see PICS!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
gene said:
Congrats Jac......can you use some ranch hands?? :wink:

Jac could operate it like a dude ranch. We could come and bring our doodles for vacation out to the wild west!

Congratulations, Jac! It sounds fantastic.

Deb

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Jac

I am not a "regular" on the forum but I have been reading from the sidelines and posting occasionally ever since we got Sadie two years ago. You have given me and countless others some great advice on raising a doodle. So, I wanted to step in here and say congratulations on your new home. It sounds wonderful! And the idea of a "dood" ranch is great! "Holiday with your pet in sunny California" I'll bet you would have lots of interest.

Good luck with the move and happy holidays!

Jannie and Sadie

G

·
Congratulations Jac! I know you have been looking for a long time and I am sooo happy for you that you and your hubby have found your Ranch!
May you have many years of happiness and joy there together!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Jac... You could find a decent 26 acre ranch here in New Mexico for about $350K! Or, in town, a "palace" on 1-2 acres for about $750K. Take a look at this website:
ok I'm crying now...there are houses there that cost half what ours did that are bigger...

Jac - congrats on your purchase!!! Good luck with your move :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congratulations Jac!!!!! And thank you for moving a short 2hr straight shot up the road (sort of) from us. YIPPEE!!!! A ranchin we will go, a ranching we will go! :lol:

Oh by the way, "Gabby Jack" and long posts. Anyone else get the connection. BWAHAHAHAHA

Love ya Jac! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Leslie when i lived in NJ for 9mo ..i was aghast at the prices of homes and also where my parents live in catskills
sooooooo we moved back up here to Rochester

..my house would be worth 2 to to 3 times anywhere else
than here

Jac i am soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! and dave and all your doodles too

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jac
I am so happy for you and yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a great Christmas present.......
Sounds like paradise for all of you
Happy Happy Christmas Jac

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all soooooooo much!
Yes, we will need ranch hands! LOL (Although the picture with that didn't come through, Gene, I am sure it was a doozie!)
And, of course, we will plan doodle romps!
Vicky...you stinker! You think I am Gabby on the forum...and YOU KNOW that I am in person! hahahaha
Jannie...thank you! What a sweet response...
To you all...thanks a bunch and please consider a visit if you get to CA!
(Chas....thanks for the link, fun to compare!)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Doodle romp in Cali!!! :D Party in the barn!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts