Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pixie's puppy teeth are coming, the ones in the front, top and bottom. It's amazing how fast they come, compared to people. But I just noticed that she has only one upper canine, on her left side. I thought maybe the other one had fallen out (even thought the vet told me they come out last), but there is no hole or mark on her gum, like you would see after a tooth has fallen out. The gum there is completely smooth. Is that normal?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I think it must be. Tyke lost two of the tiny ones in the bottom front last week while she was at the vet. Although they had been out only a few hours, like you, I couldn't see any marks either! They must heal awfully fast!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Only one canine? So the other one is completely missing. That's so odd for me, because Napa had double canines for about two weeks. So instead of four points, he had 8. Glad he wasn't a biter! Napa has lost most of his teeth, but whenever we found one, we can never figure out where it came from. But maybe Napa's a weird case.... His grew in as the others fell out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that makes me feel better, at least you're experiencing something similar with Tyke. I do see a couple of other holes, the front teeth closest to the canines fell out and there are little holes there. That's what got me really worried. It's just odd!

Double rows are odd too, never saw that before. Pixie does like to chew on our hands, so maybe we're better off!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea, they looked like this, only on top and on bottom, and on both sides. The bottoms were worse, because they were most noticeable. The new ones came in on the inside of the old ones, where as the top ones came in, in front of the old ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
teeth question

Is that a normal progression of teeth for the "baby"and permanent teeth to be in the dogs mouth at the same time? Cooper has double canines on the top and I don't know if I should be concerned.
thanks!

Shana (and Cooper the goldendoodle)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I had a Lab that had his two top at the same time so total of 4 and the two baby teeth actually turned black :shock: :shock: I was scared to death I thought oh my my dogs teeth are dead, but they fell out and the others stayed so all was fine.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I dunno, but ALL of Napa's canines were like that. But the ones pictured there are coming out surgically because they aren't falling out.... *sigh*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts