Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris ((dh)) and I are still getting to know Beau. He is a big teddy bear. He is so sweet. But he makes this noise thru his nose.(or it is in his throat) Weird. (I think) It sounds like he has a stuffy noise. Is this normal for bigger dogs with big noises. Cacao doesn't make this noise. So I am unsure if it is normal. I am just a bit worried.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Is he sleeping when this happens? Bogie sometimes scares me with a strange sound when he's passed out. It sort of sounds like what you're describing.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
what kind of sound?? he can make funnyand darth vader sounds at times, usually when playing
he once in a while has a strange snoring sound too when sleeping

Peanut has been known to make the sound you describe...if i am thinking along the same lines as you
Sam,,,i'll give you a quick call so you let me know more or call me as i am home today

·
Registered
593 Posts
Like little grunty/snorty sounds???

Sampson does that a lot!
Especially when he gets excited or has a toy in his mouth...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sammy-Doo's Fam said:

Sampson does that a lot!
Snort.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Not sure if it is the same thing but if Marley and I are out on a walk and he sees a big dog accross the street that does not appear to be super friendly he lets out a "snort". It sound like he is blowing snot out of his nose. I am not sure what it means or what he is trying to say to that dog, but I get the impression he is trying to communicate something..like "I am not afraid" or "I am tough" to the other dog. He does it 2-4 times as we pass, always watching the other dog as he walks and snorts at the same time and then continues the walk. Same thing?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
It could be just different ways of conversing...really!

But if it is a snort and gasping, it could be reverse sneezing...sounds like they are choking, but it is very normal. Usually I just comfort them and the noise stops.

Ann Marie will probably be able to idnetify the sound...try not to worry, it is probably nothing serious. :wink:

·
Registered
593 Posts
sdrudge said:
Sammy-Doo's Fam said:

Sampson does that a lot!
Snort.
Yup, sounds like the noises Sampson makes.
He does that so much I call him "Mr. Snorty-Pants" sometimes!

·
Registered
247 Posts
does it last for several seconds and looks like they're kind of wheezing for a minute? shaia did this daily as a puppy - it was called reverse sneezing in her case and was due to allergies possibly they say? it went away after about 4 months. looks much more serious than it is. of course, this may totally not be what you're talking about :) i would hold her nose when it starts and it would go away right away:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... cleid=1112

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
actually Dave started laughing when I told him earlier today as Beau is known to make many silly sounds depending on what he's doing and how happy he is. it's his goofy trademark :D part of what we love about him: keeps you on your toes.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gene said:
Maybe he's channeling Annmarie?? THAT would be frightening!! :shock: :oops: :lol:
LOL

Thanks everyone. It was so weird I just didn't know what it could be. If he was sick or if it was normal. So thanks for your help. I can breath easier. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Maddjaxx said:
Not sure if it is the same thing but if Marley and I are out on a walk and he sees a big dog accross the street that does not appear to be super friendly he lets out a "snort". It sound like he is blowing snot out of his nose.
Jaxy does this too...mostly when he is worried like Marley.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
they do say doodle s are comical :lol:

i was concerned as well..Toby made all kind s of noise when
he sleeps..sometimes like a freight train and other time s
he snort s like toilet bowl filling..

then suddenly he s all quiet..i ve had to nudge him more
than once, just incase.. :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
SAM: YOUR ANSWER from Doctor DAVE---"that's Beau's Snoot Flute" sound :shock:
he's always done it mostly with Dave, mostly when he's content
ie: his head is in your lap, when he looks up at you, or when its really quiet in your house and he's relaxed.
Dave blames it in on Jimmy Durante Nose.

for those of you that a Visual and Morning Laugh here's a great example:

as Durante says " ah cha-cha-ch-chaaaaaah :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts