Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what others thought-

Murphy is 6 months and 50 pounds (his parents were 60-70 pounds each), what weight should we expect him to be?

Also, at what point will he stop growing? It seems that he's growing by the pound almost daily- and he's solid too. We are kind of worried that he's growing too fast, or we're feeding him too much (2 cups of Iams puppy food twice a day- which he usually doesn't even finish).

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If he doesn't finish it he doesn't need it.

I would say you can expect him to reach at least 60 lbs if his parent were 60 to 70 lbs, males usually tip the high side of the scale where females will stay on the lower side.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Four cups a day sounds like way too much, you should ask your vet. Our 100 lb doberwoman (6 yrs old) gets 2 cups a day.

LizziesMom

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
One of the weight estimating formulas is to take the weight at 4 months (if you recall what it was), double and add 5-10 pounds. It doesn't always work, but it does give you an idea. By that formula, Dakota should have weighed 65 pounds. At one year, he is now 72 pounds and growing. :wink: I'm guessing he'll be between 75 and 78 pounds.
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I feed Max who is now 19wks approx 3 1/4 cups daily of innova dog food. Any more and it wil come right back up. I only feed 3 1/2 cups when he has a day of excessive exercise.

I myself am curious to see how much Max will weigh and how tall he'll get.

At 19wks old he's 21high at shoulder at 40+lbs. His mother was a smaller black lab and the father a grand tall std poodle

We should have guess how much a doodle weighs contest hahaha i love when we're told 55lbs ...yeah right. I think Max is going to be a 75lber?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
me either linda hahhaha

i would like to know how you came up with 72.7 lbs

i know he was 35 at 4mos...maybe i am too tired but i feel dumb :oops: BUT could u explain how you got to that figure? thanks :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Oops, I checked with my husband, Murphy gets 16 ounces twice a day- does that still seem like too much?

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Annmarie,
I'm not great at math so if anyone wants to chime in, please do :lol:
It shows that at 19 weeks on the chart, he is at 55% of his growth.
40 pounds now divided by .55(growth percentage now) =72.72 pounds(total weight)

55% of 72.7 pounds = 39.98 pounds (current weight)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts